bp race motor build questions

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
SpatialTerror
antispam: No

Re: bp race motor build questions

Post by SpatialTerror »

so i could run like 7 or 8psi? mabye i should just start saving for the turbo instead of buying nos. cuz then i could run it low like that with the hi compression. then when i get money after the turbo it will be for new pistons, valves, springs, and keepers. cuz its all ready for the turbo. ill talk to the guys down at the machine shop where im having my stuff done and see if theyve done my head yet. and if they have ill make sure that he does the intake side for a turbo and not n/a. but hes port and polishing the exaust side. and the blocks all redone. the heads all cleaned up and getting done. and soon it will be ready to be put together. i cant wait.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

you have soo much to learn.

step 1. Do you have a local dyno/tuner?
NO? then stop
Yes? then go to step 2
Step 2. Find out what they can tune or like to work with.
Step 3. Get their advice for PSI/CFM while your are there. They will normally tune to whatever limits they work with.

You should NOT tune this setup yourself. You will only blow your engine if you try.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

i have a tuner. and he said he can do megasquirt.
he told me that he could tune it to 7 or 14 psi.
but he knows a guy i could goto for my final tune.
when i am all done.
but see im going to wyotech for the next year to 2 years. and ill be learing chassis fab., custom fab, ase certifications in auto mechanics and body work, and also certified in engine preformance. so mabye while im there i can find someone that can tune my car. or maybe even learn to tune my car.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
SpatialTerror
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

I doubt it.

Our local tuner goes on specific trips. AEM, HONDATA etc. The companies go to him and send him on a hands on certification class. MS is stone age by todays standards and probably not in your learning requirements.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well what options do i have for engine management with this motor?
SpatialTerror
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

All of them.

You really need to do some reading. You should know this if you are planning a turbo.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well im not planning to do this till im either in school or out of school. but im not gonna have enough money to do this in school. so am just gonna have to wait.
SpatialTerror

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”