clutch idea for my klze ?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
lucasefczynski
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

clutch idea for my klze ?

Post by lucasefczynski »

hey i had a mechanic replace my clutch as he was already swaping my engine , thing is he didnt put a racing clutch in and so now my clutch is acting all wierd and starting to lose alot of power, gears dont go in right away , etc ,etc.
i was just wondering what kind of clutch i should get for my car
i believe it is the 1.8 tranny
i was thinking of buying the f1 racing stage 3 clutch from ebay but from reading posts , ebay is a big no no for clutches
so im asking u guys what ur recomandation is for clutches
im looking for a stage 2 or 3 kit for about 200$
any links or recomendations would be great
thx guys :)
Pritchett

Re: clutch idea for my klze ?

Post by Pritchett »

Well $200 your only going to get an ebay clutch, my friend bought a stage 2 ACT for his civic and it cost him $400.

I bought and had installed a 2.5L mx6 stage 3 XTD clutch for my klze, I had the flywheel machined out to the full width to get rid of the lip from the 1.8 clutch. It doesn't slip but I havent went hard on it yet. someones at my door gotta go
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

xtd ftw
lucasefczynski

Post by lucasefczynski »

are u guys being serious about the xtd clutches ??? cuz ther is this one on ebay and its under 200 bucks
http://cgi.ebay.ca/XTD-STAGE-3-RACING-C ... 2eaf32aecb
and it looks real nice , i just cant find a racing flywheel for an mx3
let me know wat u guys think of that one from ebay
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

I'm being 100% serious.

I have only driven my car for a total of 30 minutes while having the clutch installed but its working exactly as another mx-3.com guy named chris said it would. Make sure you bring your flywheel to a machineshop for resurfacing, failure to do so will make almost any clutch slip. I went with the MX-6 stage 3...it has a 1/4 inch more diameter but fits the MX-3 flywheel very nice. Here is the PM I got from chris explaining his XTD to me...

"Installed the clutch/clutchcover set at the beggining of 2006. I pulled the gearbox again at the end of 2008 to install a lightened/balanced K801 flywheel and an MX6 LSD transaxle.

Took a good look at it then. It had about three years use on it at that time. The XTD gear was in perfect condition. When I installed it I made sure that I took the time to bed it in before I stomped on it. The pedal pressure and engagement height is close to or as per OEM. The engagement feel is not as smooth in 1st gear as the car moves off. It snatches/judders just a bit as drive is taken up so it passes a small judder into the driveline, and through the clutch pedal as you start off in 1st. Its a minor and I expect that with the type of clutch plate material used on the XTD. In all other respects the gear changes are perfect when on the move. It really hooks up cleanly. I am very pleased with it.

Chris"
93 mx-3 GS (KLZE w/kl01 cams, XTD stage 3 clutch, Outlaw intake/throttle body spacers, throttle body coolant delete, headers, full 2.5" exhaust w/resonator and 40 series flowmaster, filled engine mounts)
99 silverado
lucasefczynski

Post by lucasefczynski »

well instead of getting my flywheel resurfaced
is ther a flywheel i can buy that fits with the xtd clutch ?
if the engine and tranny are gunna be taken apart might aswell buy a flywheel with it
i looked around for a mx3 flywheel but got no results but seen many probe, mx6 flywheels
will any of those bolt right on ?
any on ebay that i could buy that will fit ?
and i guess im gunna be picking up that xtd clutch kit

and im not sure but correct me if im wrong but because i got the klze engine , shouldnt i be looking for a probe gt or mx6 2.5l flywheel instead of a 1.8 k8 flywheel ??

if so , wouldnt i be better off to buy the mx6 clutch+pressure plate and flywheel kit instead of the mx3 kit ? ther is an xtr kit with the flywheel (not xtd) and a f1 racing kit aswell. your takes on those ??
i dunno if i mentioned earlier but i got the klze engine with the 1.8l k8 tranny ,just to clarify everything
here are the links to the xtr kit and the f1 racing kit
http://cgi.ebay.ca/XTR-STAGE-3-CLUTCH-K ... 5192d29334
http://cgi.ebay.ca/F1-STAGE-3-CLUTCH-KI ... 5d27220db6
davmac

Post by davmac »

Your mx3 flywheel will work fine. Probe MX6 guys like to use the MX3 flywheel as a perf upgrade since it is a bit lighter than the MX6 unit. Otherwise the upgrade would be fidanza lightened flywheel for the MX6.
Proud owner of a Faded Red 92 MX-3 GS
lucasefczynski

Post by lucasefczynski »

perfect , thx for the help
gunna get the xtd stage 3 clutch and pressure plate
and will consider buying the mx6 flywheel if i cant find a machine shop on london ontario
thx again , u guys are a great help, im hoping to come out for a meet soon if i can find one that i can attend
Pritchett

Post by Pritchett »

Here ya go, a list of machine shops off of google

http://www.google.ca/#hl=en&source=hp&q ... 34ff76adb4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
99 silverado

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”