KL 5 SPEED help

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
eunosklde
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

KL 5 SPEED help

Post by eunosklde »

Hey people,Il try keep it short.I own a mazda mx3 just had a KLZE swapped for the K8 6 mouths ago.Blow the haed gasket on the K8 reving its tits off first min i turned it on.But Before K8 gave up the ghost and i was revving it in second gear i let the accelartor off at around 7000rpm and in doing so felt a big nage like the i put the breakes on.Now where im getting to since i put the KLZE and the K8 gearbox with new clutch flyweel etc in it.Second gears seems to get up to revs slower then 1st and 3rd gear and makes a whoshing noise when going down gaer in second gaer could i have stuffed the box up same way.have you guys come across something like this.Thanx for any help you give us...
EggyRollz

Re: KL 5 SPEED help

Post by EggyRollz »

Beat your cars much ?
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

First, (I'm no tranny expert) but your second gear/synchros are probably toast.

Second, why the heck were you revving at 7000 in 2nd?? There's no power left to squeeze outside of 5500-6000 really....

Keep driving like that and you'll be asking other questions regarding your engine problems....

All rants aside, you should most likely start looking for a new tranny or rebuild yours. But that's just my thought :shrug:
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
eunosklde

Post by eunosklde »

Coudent get a better answer mazdags94 thanx for the help man.Il try to keep it under 7000rpm lol.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Is there any oil in the trans? The tranny will lock up if there's no lubrication. I suggest you check the oil level first before swapping out the trans. (use the search and you'll find out how to service the trans)
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

eunosklde wrote:Coudent get a better answer mazdags94 thanx for the help man.Il try to keep it under 7000rpm lol.
Lol, no prob. Proper maintenance includes proper care when driving (knowing what not to do)
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “Transmissions”