Head Lights Dont Work After Big Rain Fall! 1994

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
cWs306
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Head Lights Dont Work After Big Rain Fall! 1994

Post by cWs306 »

My question is, what would make my Headlights not work at all? My car has a weird ticking noise in the dash on the passenger side, sounds like somethings in a fan, but when i turn my lights on it stops? but i dont got any head lights. i got all my marker lights and tail lights. HELP please!? and if i didnt write this properly but you know what im trying to say. please correct me.. im new to this forum and this 94' mx-3 v6 is my first car :)
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: Head Lights Dont Work After Big Rain Fall! 1994

Post by umcamara »

There are a couple of relays up in your passenger side kick panel. One is for your daytime running lights (if it's a Canadian car) This is likely what is clicking. The relay probably needs to be replaced, or there's an issue with the wiring.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

Thanks alot!!! would you have any idea how much a new relay switch would be?
Demonic1

Post by Demonic1 »

All depends on the markup where you buy auto parts...

I bought a couple a few months ago for $6-7.
Wings on an MX3? What are you thinking?

92 RS BP05
93 GS KLZE
(Previously owned by 2Fazed and then mrMazda92)
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

Hello. k well i went and checked out my relays and everything and the all look fine? idunno whats going on.. when it happened i was just driving down the street.. didnt have my lights on or anything.. then all of a sudden i hit a bump and the ticking started.. if that can result in something other then the relay? please help! i need head lights! :(
harthadavis
antispam: No

Post by harthadavis »

The power switch for the headlights is divided in two children, where it connects to the switch, one side of the headlights and everything else. Perhaps the change has gone wrong, or maybe you have recorded fuse wire. You will get a test light and start exploration for power within and outside the headlight switch.
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

the headlight switch turns on the relay, if thats clicking repeatedly then you need to replace the relay. Its a simple circuit, switch, relay, lights, if the switch works fine then its the relay at fault a bump can make a bad relay worse, as for what davis said I think his english needs some work, but he does have a point that you need to be testing this with a test light or voltmeter to determine the problem, you can not tell a faulty relay simply by looking at it.
cWs306

Post by cWs306 »

okay well ill go purchase a test light today then! and the ticking stops once i turn my high beams on(i dont got lights still tho..just makes the ticking stop) figured it out just the other day.. if that means anything to..? sorry im so slow with this. electrical is not my thing.
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

yeah if you need help with it I do side work from my garage here in saskatoon, give me a pm sometime on a weekend if you want me to look at it for you.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”