Ilummi lights out at Cluster

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Shikyo
antispam: No

Ilummi lights out at Cluster

Post by Shikyo »

Hey there,

kinda new MX-3 owner in Sweden here, I bought a way to cheap one because i've had loads of problems.

At the moment the most annoying one is as follows, I have No illummi lights in my cluster at all. The other lights in the cluster works fine it seems, at least the ones I've tried or seen such as L/R indicators, headlights etc etc. My problem is of course if I drive when it's dark I have NO HVAC lighting.

After troubleshooting some I realized I need to ask people that knwo this or has done it before. I tried and measure the V on the connection to the dimmer switch itself and had nothing. If I measured ohm over the switch itself it was constant no matter how I rolled the dimmer around 180ohm or something.

I tried measuring the ground for contact and that gave response but my troubleshooting kinda stopped when I didn't know where to check for 12v. So my question is either tips where to go from now or where to check a solid place that 12v comes from to verify cable integrity. I checked the bulbs and they seem ok.

This was working before last winter when I stopped using the car and not working when I started using it this summer.

Thanks beforehand.
Newfie_dan

Re: Ilummi lights out at Cluster

Post by Newfie_dan »

first things first check for a blown fuse, always start there, when troubleshooting start with the easy stuff and go from there, once you have established that all the fuses are good you need to verify that the headlight switch is working like it should. Next the dimmer switch to test that check the online manuals for the info on what terminals to test so that you do it right.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”