massive hole in my block.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
projectzemx3

massive hole in my block.

Post by projectzemx3 »

lol so i havent been on this site in forever but i blew my KL about a month ago. heres the scoop.

ya basically, the corner of my block, where your dipstick goes in, too passed where your AC bolts too is missing. lol i found a broken bent and twisted connecting rod in there too. thousands of little metal filings from my bearings.

lol ya the engine is toast, im going to get another one, ill have too upload some pictures when i get a chance but ya. super funny too look at haha. should of heard it when it went! so loud, sounded kinda like one of the pistons wasnt connected to the crank. muhaha dont worry tho it will be back on the road soon enough.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: massive hole in my block.

Post by fowljesse »

How did you do it?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

So you are actually gonna fix er up? I thought you had enough of the mx?
slayer322
antispam: No

Post by slayer322 »

fresh ZE swap is in need in that case lol
1996 Mazda MX-3 GS - DD / Always a project Car
ZE + Pacesetters = <3
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

okkkk im back again.

alright so i pulled my klze and ive found that i blew cylinder number one. lmao kinda funny when we took of the rear head and just popped the piston out :P

anyways yeah, spun a bearing, connecting rod knocked like a b---- which eventually snapped and popped a nice big hole in my block right where the AC should be bolted too.

NOW my car is a straight neck IM kl31 cammed KLDE. looks the exact same as before with the same valve cover, same tranny clutch and everything. used all my low mileage timing pullies and belt again. switched the water pump over yadayada.

yeah best part of the whole deal is my ze burnt oil and my de doesnt. so no more obnoxious smoke and smell and embarassment every time i down shift into a stop.

the de is nice, found one sticky lifter when doing the cam swap so i replaced it with a good one from my ze, and i must say. the quietest KL i have ever heard. soo smooth. and quite powerful too. it screams nicely and seems very much like my klze. i guess 1/4 mile times will prove if it actually is or not.

so ya thats my update :P

cars for sale still. 3200 ill see if i can get it saftied and e tested first too.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Cool. Good to see you're still in the game.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

lol come on igor i never left the game. i dunno why i stopped coming on here tho? lots of random stuff not related to mx3's goes on in here and often enough i can figure out all problems for myself.

good group of guys tho in here ill probably be on more often again ide like to see whats new with everyones s---! we need more ontario BPT mx3s thats what ide like to see.
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Heres the #1 rod/piston that turned his car into projectdemx3

94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”