problems staying running

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
collins906
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

problems staying running

Post by collins906 »

my 1.8 k8ze will startright up and idle perfect, but as soon as i hit normal operating temps she cuts off like a fuel prob. the fuel pump is running fine and there is a steady gas flow but she wont start back up untill it is cold again. my buddy said somethin about the distributor but that donesnt make alot of sense. any ideas????
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: problems staying running

Post by mikeinaus »

our distributers are known for failing and causing weird problems like your describing. its more then likely whats causing it. are you getting and codes? the dizzys break down because of heat so it makes sense it only has problems when its hot if its on its last legs.
collins906

Post by collins906 »

so by replacing the distributor it will eliminate the possiblities on whats wrong? if its one thing i learned on cars its start small and eventually progress.... oh and just had this prob just happened yesterday so no tests have been done wit codes gotta wait till payday
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

how to check codes http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... w=previous" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

is it making spark when its warm but not running? if theres no spark its more then likely your dizzy.

if you want to start small you could try replacing your plugs/plug wires. if its a sensor a cel should tell you.

use the search and do some research on peoples failing dizzys. theres alot of threads on it and im sure you can find someone who had the same problems as you.
collins906

Post by collins906 »

right on i will let u know tomorrow whats goin on. thanks for the ensight
collins906

Post by collins906 »

so there is no spark at all to any plugs. Is the coil prone to go wit time? hookin it up to the multimeter tues and tryin to figure out what i can for now. ohh what is the spec resistance of my k8ze? gotta have that

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”