New tensioner and belt k8 smoking

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

New tensioner and belt k8 smoking

Post by Posey24 »

So I finally got my k8 bak with a new belt and tensioner. But but it is smoking it's white smoke and smells like an engine lol qanyways any thing I should check or change I jus need it to pass smog after that it can smoke all day for all I care....to an extent any additives any seals that need to be changed any and all help would be very much appreciated

P.S. Also any mx guys in Vegas hit me up. I need a car buddy to roll with my wife cwant stand my car so ya get it
Newfie_dan

Re: New tensioner and belt k8 smoking

Post by Newfie_dan »

if your smoking white then that sounds like a bad head gasket, check all 6 plugs see if one or more are different than the rest, also check the coolant level, if you blew a head gasket then you will be losing coolant.
korpit

Post by korpit »

The upper rad hose is will leak from under the clamp on the engine side over time and on to the belts and will stink. It will give off a white smoke as well as it drips onto the belts and is spread around the engine front. You did not mention if the smoke was coming out of the exhaust but this was a common problem on 2 of my mx3's. A thicker after market hose solved the problem. Just squeeze the hose with the engine hot and full, if coolant seeps out, this will be your problem.
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

I wouldn't say head gasket yet until we know where the smoke is coming from.

Posey, is it coming from the belt area, out the exhaust, or anywhere else in the engine bay?

How many miles on your V6? Did you change the water pump when you did the belt and tensioner change?
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"
Posey24

Post by Posey24 »

It is smoking out the pipe I don't see any smoke any where else. When I put the belt on I only had enough money for the belt and a tensioner so I can get too and from work. I jus need the car to pass smog so if the whir smoke is coolant are there any aDditives I can add to it to at least pass smog? I could care less about this k8 cuz I'm swapping as soon as I get the money I jus need it to pass a smog test that's it. Thanx for any and all help from u guys

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”