temp gauge

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

temp gauge

Post by mccabe »

so my mx3 temp gauge dont work, i have an aftermaket on it says i need to connect it to a signal wire.. were would i conect it?
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Re: temp gauge

Post by mikeinaus »

by your coolant fill cap there should be 2 or 3 sensors (depending on year) the 1 wire sensor closet to the firewall is the one you want.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

its a 93 so i got two so i wanna add it to the green one? and doe it still need to be conetcted aswell just tap it?
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires

mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

if your gauge isnt working it doesnt really need to be connected anymore. the computer uses the other sensor for everything. one wire sensor is just for display.
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

ok so when i looke like two min ago there there is two two wire sensors green and black caps and on wire one right behind them is that the one for my stock gauge?

mikeinaus

Post by mikeinaus »

yeah the small 1 wire closest to the intake manifold.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”