Extra room in a GS ?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
EggyRollz
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Extra room in a GS ?

Post by EggyRollz »

I recall on my last GS model it had a little more length in the leg room department. I don't think i've grown any but it seems now with this GS my legs are a little more bunched up and it's giving me a 'restless' knee syndrome ( I always feel like I have to stretch it.)

Is my seat jacked up and not going back all the way on this car ?

were the pedal assembly for ATX and MTX different floor depths ?

Is there a way to reattatch the seat onto the brackets to have it go back even an inch or 2 further ?

I'm 6'3" and love my MX-3 and dont want to change cars again =/ I had a 99 eclipse , 300zx, blazer , tahoe , mx-6 , motorcycles and I came full circle to another MX-3 hahah.
94 Tahoe Sport SS - 454 =)
93 3KGT VR4 - K&N Filter.Proxes 4 Tires. Drilled/Slotted Rotors.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
Feedback-viewtopic.php?f=37&t=74259
For Sale-viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74832
Tollis

Re: Extra room in a GS ?

Post by Tollis »

Hmm interesting im 6'5" and i fit in my Mtx GS. I have to do a little sidewyas leg clutch work though lol but its worth it. if anything you could just custom mount the brackets back a couple inches if you have the Fabrication know how.

Are you in a Atx or MTX now? Ill measure the distance from the front of my back seat to the back of my front seat when its all the way back so you can compare and see if your sliders are stuck a bit forward.
Cody
1993 GSZE SE
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I'm 6' even, and have long legs. I sit kind of close for better control, and am pretty comfortable, except that my head touches the roof, and I can't wear a helmet, so I'm going to look into cutting the m ounts in the floor, and welding them in lower.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mikeinaus
antispam: No

Post by mikeinaus »

i just replaced my seats with ones from the wreckers. when taking my old drivers seat out i noticed it wasnt sliding back as far as it should have. i got an extra 2" or so with the new sliders. your slider may be messed up. my original seat was very hard to get off because it was blocking the front 2 bolts from using my ratchet.
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

Tollis wrote:Hmm interesting im 6'5" and i fit in my Mtx GS. I have to do a little sidewyas leg clutch work though lol but its worth it. if anything you could just custom mount the brackets back a couple inches if you have the Fabrication know how.

Are you in a Atx or MTX now? Ill measure the distance from the front of my back seat to the back of my front seat when its all the way back so you can compare and see if your sliders are stuck a bit forward.

My current one is a ATX.

I seriously recall being able to extend my legs further than I can now :/ because that was my first concern when I started looking into hatches and the MX-3 I had was a MTX and it was a perfect fit for me. Maybe i'm just getting old haha.
97 Tahoe - Grill gaurd.Oversized Tires.Custom liners.Bored & matched pistons.E-cam.Leather.Remote start.TCC upgrade.+Sunshell.10K tow package.Knifed TB.Flowtech Huggers.Straight pipes.Hypertech chip.B&M Trans Controller, Front diff & T-case plates.
EggyRollz

Post by EggyRollz »

mikeinaus wrote:i just replaced my seats with ones from the wreckers. when taking my old drivers seat out i noticed it wasnt sliding back as far as it should have. i got an extra 2" or so with the new sliders. your slider may be messed up. my original seat was very hard to get off because it was blocking the front 2 bolts from using my ratchet.

I would kill for 2"s right about now.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I'm 5'5" and you can all byte me. :P I fit in no problem but I have to admit I do bang my fat head some times getting in. :roll:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

haha 5'5" here too. Tall people FTL on this one.
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

I dunno how you guys sit, I'm 6'1 and I have no problems. I don't even lean the seat back that much.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

Short people win :P

I still think I'm perfect.

5'10 180 haha, can't beat good proportions :)

Anyways, I keep my seat a little more forward than is comfy for my legs(around town), but I lean it back a little extra so I can put my arm on the center console between shifts.

Now freeway driving... that's a different story. Comfort is a must.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
fillpereira

Post by fillpereira »

Im 6' and i fit fine, just cant gel my hair :lol:
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

Im 5'6/5'7 but im ALL legs.... i fit in my 3's perrrrrrfect. Unless i have BIG hair that day! :D
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

tripleMX-3chicMS wrote:im ALL legs....
:lol:
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
tripleMX-3chicMS
Supporting Member

Post by tripleMX-3chicMS »

LOL.. very funny nightshade :)
92 GS automatic (WHITE w/ full on Zebra interior) My Morning DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) My Evening DD
93 GS SE 5 spd manual (RASPBERRY) Working On (pics soon)
93*4 GS SE's for parts ONLY*
Every day is a good day to be a girl.... hehehe
my feedback: http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f= ... 50&start=0"
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

94+ seats sit at least 1" lower then the 92-93 seats, much better for tall people. I am almost 6'4 and the 94 seats were better for me room wise, but they only made leather in 93 so I guess I have to suck it up..

@ Dee.. All legs eh.... :)

Return to “Appearance”