mazda Eunos 30x 93 got a couple questions.

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
danialson
antispam: No

mazda Eunos 30x 93 got a couple questions.

Post by danialson »

hey ya'll !
i just bought my 2nd car .
i bought a mazda eunos 30x 93 model on ebay for 1100.
the owner thought the clutch was broken and there was a little rust and no rego.
turns out the clutch wasnt broken at all , it just needed to be bled out . :D
theres abit of rust around the sunroof but i can get that fixed .
but everything else is just fine.
just wondering what mods i should start off with .
im interested in possibly getting a system , and i heard it may be difficult because of the double din stereo ?
im interested in getting an exhaust for that sexy growl . whats the difference between an exhausst tip and a full system ?
jkbreazeale

Re: mazda Eunos 30x 93 got a couple questions.

Post by jkbreazeale »

Congrats on your new purchase!

As far as mods go, I believe you have the V6 correct? If so, then you will more than likely be told to swap to a KLZE or other variant. Otherwise, your performance mods are going to be limited. I own to I4's so I may not know what I am talking about.

Finding a system for your car should not be difficult at all. Go to http://www.crutchfield.com. They can help you find what you want.

The difference from an exhaust system and an exhaust tip is simple. An exhaust system is usually custom made and can go anywhere from the headers to the axle with custom piping and a high-flow cat, ending with a performance muffler. A tip is just a piece of flashy metal usually bolted or sometimes welded to the end of a muffler.

Hope this helps.
1993 MX-3 RS (my project car) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3815854 <- Check out my Cardomain!
1995 MX-3 RS (wife's project car)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome, and congrats on the car! It's true that there isn't much you can do to the stock engine that will make much of a difference, but click on the search in the red banner under the MX-3 at the top of the page ^^, and look for "Performance mods", and such. There's alot of info here, and some that could save your butt :)
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
lidane
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by lidane »

This is very interesting. I didn't know much about exhaust systems in this type of vehicle. Now i know better..

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”