Marker light/parking light mod

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
anjin1982

Marker light/parking light mod

Post by anjin1982 »

so having a 92rs auto...ive been looking at other mx-3's and such and this idea popped into my head...Making the side markers blink with the blinkers and making the tail light inner 2 parking lights not come on with the parking lights but light up with the brake, like the euro models (i believe) now doing the wiring seems easy enough....cut the marker light and tie them into the blinkers and putting a small piece of tape to kill the contact on the inner 2 tail light which should cut the contact thus only lighting up with the brake....What are your thoughts?...i know there small mods and some might think its a waste of time but i think its gonna add that bit of uniqueness.....of course the only people that would notice it would be other mx-3 drivers (which around here is less than a hand-full!)
http://members.cardomain.com/anjin1982
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Marker light/parking light mod

Post by Mooneggs »

yes that will work with the brake lights but keep in mind the euro rear taillights are square vs the north america spec that wrap around the reverse light. Also, the inner lights do not come on with the brakes on euro models. They are rear fog lights that are operated with a switch.
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

i didnt realize all that but thanx for the info...my idea wasnt to mimic the euro models just modify the us one...so rear fog lights?...i thought just the drivers brake light was the fog that was slightly brighter than the rest?
Maintaining my MX-3 in it's natural beauty state...Although i love the modded one's!!!
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

yes you are correct, only the driver's side inner light is a fog light, the other side is a blank (with no bulb). I forget sometimes I have modified mine to have 2 rear foglights :)
anjin1982

Post by anjin1982 »

Aight well after a 2 small pieces of black tape and a volt meter my inner parking lights no longer light up when i turn on my parking lights but all four light up with the brakes...

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”