combine Altezzas an OEM tail lights

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
MX-3-Tom

Re: combine Altezzas an OEM tail lights

Post by MX-3-Tom »

Hi,

thanks for the explanation.

I knew this different but I thought it is produced by the mirrors inside the tail lights, not by the glass.

Does anybode have some pics of Hybrid-tail-lights tinted in red?

I am a little bit frightened about seeing the bubbles of the altezzas inside the hybrid-tail-lights.
Especially inside of the rear-drive-chamber.

I like the tail-light-look of the beige metallic ;) one.
Could I get this anyway with the Hybrid-lights?

@Mooneggs:
Do you have more pics of the red tinted altezzas?
Is the rear-drive-light really red? Also with bright lights?
Thats not good for the german TÜV to have red rear-drive-lights. It's vorbidden. :(
But to tint only the part around the rear-drive-light would not look good, I think. :(
http://www.mx-3-tom.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mx-3-community.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SWAP COMPLETE: B6 DOHC (16V) --> KL-ZE (24V)
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Our rear-drive lights have to be white too. That's why I didn't tint mine too much. I think if you did the altezzas with the oem cover, like Nd4spdse, and then tinted them a bit, you wouldn't notice the circles until you turn the lights on.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

MX-3-Tom wrote:Do you have more pics of the red tinted altezzas?
Is the rear-drive-light really red? Also with bright lights?
Thats not good for the german TÜV to have red rear-drive-lights. It's vorbidden. :(
But to tint only the part around the rear-drive-light would not look good, I think. :(
No not many other pics... yes it will definatly be red! what if you left a circle for the white light and painted the rest red? I know the TÜV is much stricter than US DMV (never ever been pulled over for that on my car)
MX-3-Tom

Post by MX-3-Tom »

@Mooneggs:
Yeah, I know what you mean. But I don't think that it would look good. :(

Bolverk wrote:Our rear-drive lights have to be white too. That's why I didn't tint mine too much. I think if you did the altezzas with the oem cover, like Nd4spdse, and then tinted them a bit, you wouldn't notice the circles until you turn the lights on.
Hmmm...do you think really?
The point is: I will not see the chambers when the light is off.
The green MX-3 with the "134" on the side...does he have chrom-altezzas or black altezzas combined with OEM-tail-light?
It seems to be black-altezzas. Because the round bubbles are so much brighter than the rest of the taillight.
I have chrom-altezzas. Maybe this will give another look. Because the bubbles are inside chrome (mirror) and the rest of the tail-light is also chrome.

And when I tint them red after combination, maybe they will look like real OEM-tail-lights.

But you also have to tint the rear-drive-chamber in black. I won't see the altezza through the rear-light-chamber like on the green MX-3 with "134".

Do you think, it would work?

And I also have one question to the difference of US- and Euro-taillight-glasses:
Is it true that the inner part of the Euro-tail-light-glass (direction to the license plate) is different to the US-tail-light because of the fog light? Is there only one side different?

Thanks for your help. :)
http://www.mx-3-tom.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mx-3-community.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SWAP COMPLETE: B6 DOHC (16V) --> KL-ZE (24V)
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

MX-3-Tom wrote:And I also have one question to the difference of US- and Euro-taillight-glasses:
Is it true that the inner part of the Euro-tail-light-glass (direction to the license plate) is different to the US-tail-light because of the fog light? Is there only one side different?
There is only one OEM rear fog light (with an extra plate for brighter light than brakelights) and it is on the taillight behind the driver's seat. However, the other taillight in the set will have a blocked off section on the inner light closest to the license plate. If you cut that out, you will notice that the extra plate is not there, so it does not look the same as the rear foglight one. Regardless, both sides look different than US spec. It's just one side is much brighter due to the extra plate.

On my project I got 2 sets of Euro/UK taillamps - one from a LHD MX-3 and the other from a RHD MX-3 so I mixed them and now I have 2 sets that match: One set with 2 rear foglamps, and one set with 2 normal sockets (euro spec).

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”