Diagnostic Box

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
PTCS
antispam: No

Diagnostic Box

Post by PTCS »

I jumped the ten and the GND.. with a paper clip.. I also noticed that there are two plug ins for the GND. Hopefully, the proper GND is the one that is on the ten plug. After jumping the two I turned the ignition on. I heard a long click and a short click. which I believe to be number 11 code... Intake Ground Thermosensor... however, there was no long flashes and short flashes.. 1) did I put the paper clip in the right GND and 2) if it is an 11 code what does the Intake ground thermosensor do and what does it look like...
ptcs
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Diagnostic Box

Post by Custommx3 »

Wrong section.. moved to engine electrical/lighting.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Clicks have nothing to do with the codes, that's just some relay that clicks when you turn the key in diagnostic mode. Do you even have a CEL? And it doesn't matter what GND you use, a ground is a ground.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Does the bulb come on at all? when the key is in the ON position before you start? If not, the bulb is burnt, or pulled out by previous owner.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Umm, what year is your car?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
PTCS

Re: Diagnostic Box Help

Post by PTCS »

Just put the engine in ... the mazda mx3 v6 1.8... have jumped the diagnostic box. Initially there was one code on the box code 12. .. throttle position sensor... I tried centreing the sensor... still coding... now there is a bigger problem.. everytime i put the car into gear.. the engine rpm revs up from 650.. to 1300 rpm... does anybody know what would be causing this... as well now instead of one code... 12.. I have a number of different codes as follows: 16, EGR Position Sensor, 17 Feedback system or closed loop system right syde.. 11.. Intake air Thermo Sensor Dynamic Chamber and 4 Distributor... The only real noticeale problem is, again, when the car is put into gear the idel moves up from 650 rpm to 13-1500 rpm.. take it out of gear (5 speed manual) and the rpm returns to normal.. does any body have any ideas re: all the codes and also whats causing the increase in rpms when put into gear..
thanx
ptcs
umcamara
Supporting Member

Re: Diagnostic Box Help

Post by umcamara »

PTCS wrote:Just put the engine in ... the mazda mx3 v6 1.8... have jumped the diagnostic box. Initially there was one code on the box code 12. .. throttle position sensor... I tried centreing the sensor... still coding... now there is a bigger problem.. everytime i put the car into gear.. the engine rpm revs up from 650.. to 1300 rpm... does anybody know what would be causing this... as well now instead of one code... 12.. I have a number of different codes as follows: 16, EGR Position Sensor, 17 Feedback system or closed loop system right syde.. 11.. Intake air Thermo Sensor Dynamic Chamber and 4 Distributor... The only real noticeale problem is, again, when the car is put into gear the idel moves up from 650 rpm to 13-1500 rpm.. take it out of gear (5 speed manual) and the rpm returns to normal.. does any body have any ideas re: all the codes and also whats causing the increase in rpms when put into gear..
thanx
ptcs
I don't think that was a model year...
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

where are you located? I live in saskatoon and if your in the area I will be happy to look at it for you free of charge, I am a journeyman heavy equipment mechanic with about 13 years of automotive experience, so I know what I am doing no BS.
shrooms258

Post by shrooms258 »

lol perhaps you can look at my car?
where are you located? I live in saskatoon and if your in the area I will be happy to look at it for you free of charge, I am a journeyman heavy equipment mechanic with about 13 years of automotive experience, so I know what I am doing no BS.
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

Again I would need to know whereabouts you live to help you out. If you can get the car to me I can take a look at it this weekend for you.
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

wait a sec.
its throwing all those codes.
and it still starts?
hmmm.
like the last guy said.
what year is your car.
if its 1996 or newer
go get a obdII code reader.
saves alot of time and effort.
hope ur car is alright.
you know what this sounds like is ur ecu is freakin out.
because of somthing like a domino effect.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”