Swapping MX3 RS to BPT

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
MapaX5
antispam: No

Re: Swapping MX3 RS to BPT

Post by MapaX5 »

bigger injectors "thow" more fuel per cycle, hence keeping you from detonation (ask if you don't know what it is, and i'll explain), and the RX-7 fuel pump is because it generates more pressure than the stock mx-3 fuel pump. more pressure= more fuel.
you also need some sort of timing/ecu setup, unless you're getting the GTX ecu along with the harness.
although, if the engines alone are hard to come by in your area, i can't imagine the ecu/harness being any easier.
and that's just to run it! you also need the pipes for the intercooler, the exhaust, boost controller, maybe a clutch (no sense in making 200hp if the clutch spins out at 140) and better brakes.
'91 MX-5 with plenty of mods, '94 DOHC MX-3__HP Design muffler, glasspack, custom intake (superk's idea), KYB GR-2 shocks, projector headlights, GS front end, Rear Disc brake conversion, swaybar and tie bar, and lip spoiler, JDM mazdaspeed full-length side skirts,
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

I understand what you say about injectors.I just thought that bp injectosf could fit..
I think that i will pass to bp.More easy to find with less money with trans...And i have heard that making turbo the bp is better from bpt.I don't know if it is really true..
But i don't know if my car is obdI or obdII.It is 1997 model.I took a look in the passenger side and i saw that they are coming 3 yellow clips BUT the ecu has 4 receptions.And the one is empty..
But i don't think this make a point if i buy the ecu and all the harness of the bp engine is that right?
Is better to have second or third generation with obdII i think..More easy to put a programm..
Black Mazda Mx3 Rs 1997 B6DE
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Are you European?

in north America, OBDII was enforced in 1996. As Europe is more anal than us with car stuff, its likely they did it earlier. So you're very likely OBDII. Is there a diagnostic port somewhere in one of the footwells?

IT seems you still don't know what you're talking about.

Transmission? You can use either a regular BP trans, or even your stock trans.

A BP IS a BPT. The only difference is BPT is a premade setup with everything guaranteed to fit and work, with a harness and ECM designed to run it so you don't need aftermarket engine management, or custom flanges.

A BP+T can use the same manifold if it bolts to a turbo you want, or get an aftermarket one, which exist, and you'll need aftermarket engine management. Unless you only boost like 5 PSI, but whats the point in that...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

Ryan wrote:Are you European?

in north America, OBDII was enforced in 1996. As Europe is more anal than us with car stuff, its likely they did it earlier. So you're very likely OBDII. Is there a diagnostic port somewhere in one of the footwells?

IT seems you still don't know what you're talking about.

Transmission? You can use either a regular BP trans, or even your stock trans.

A BP IS a BPT. The only difference is BPT is a premade setup with everything guaranteed to fit and work, with a harness and ECM designed to run it so you don't need aftermarket engine management, or custom flanges.

A BP+T can use the same manifold if it bolts to a turbo you want, or get an aftermarket one, which exist, and you'll need aftermarket engine management. Unless you only boost like 5 PSI, but whats the point in that...
Yes I am from Europe.
Sorry it seems that you don't understand.I don't know maybe it is my english
As for the trans..I don't think that i will buy the engine and i will still run with the b6 trans.Who would do that??If in the future i want to boost it..
Now the question is First second generation or third??And why?
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

wow after that last post im reallly lost.
dude i would find a bpt motor.
cuz then you already have a turbo.
and its all setup.
and it would also be alot funer to build from
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

You'll have fun no matter what you do, if you car is obdII. It sounds like it is. Is there a diag/obdII connection port on the underside near the glove box?

Regardless.... I hope you have some extra coin sitting around.

I boosted my obdII B6 simply because there were no wiring diagrams or any mazda dealer that could tell me anything. I built my own diagrams and ecu pinouts. The swap will not be nearly as easy as going from a 94 dohc. Expect issues with your wiring.

Get a BP, tranny and ecu... (maybe wiring harness) install it, get it running... then figure out what you'll need for the turbo project. DO NOT expect your current tranny or shafts to handle the abuse that a boosted BP will be creating. Upgrade it to the G series and get a nice clutch. Do it once, do it right. I have already toasted one stock tranny (with stock power) and a hard shift.
DeadMaker

Post by DeadMaker »

SpatialTerror wrote:wow after that last post im reallly lost.
dude i would find a bpt motor.
cuz then you already have a turbo.
and its all setup.
and it would also be alot funer to build from
If i could find it i would have bought it..
But here the is no piece.. :(
The only solution is from internet but with transfer cost and custom house (if i buy it outside from Europe) it would go far from 3000!!!!
This is very sad..
That's why the only solution is getting a bp..That's why i am trying to make a research...
I don't have big experience.I own this car one year..And now i want to upgrade it!
My previous car was 323f bg
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

expect this build to be over 3000. Boost don't come cheap... if it does, it won't last.

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”