what am i gettin myself into?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
collins906
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

what am i gettin myself into?

Post by collins906 »

just gettin into japanese tuners. i have no idea the what the 1.8 is compatible with or for that matter what the id number is. and jw if half the sights that say switch this ecu and u will have 50 more hp and better mph. any insight on this small v6 will be very helpfull. i know a klze is the way to go but this is for eating any civics up, which there are alot around here and all think there shite is untouchable.man last night i took a grand am gt with a passenger in my car. so i figure this engine will do. if i need anything else i will jump in my bimmer wich is not slow by any means. but i really like how this mazda handles so im keepin it around for a few yrs.
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Re: what am i gettin myself into?

Post by umcamara »

:shock:
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
umcamara
Supporting Member

Post by umcamara »

Take a deeeep breath...
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Any sort of "PLUS 50 HP PLUS 20 MPG" thing is bulls---, and usually consists of a resistor that you put in your thermosensor circuit to trick the ECM into dumping fuel. The best ECM for the motor is the ECM it came with. These aren't Honduhs or big blocks. Precision machinery!

ZE is the way to go. Even DE. Make sure to get the proper electronics/sensors with each one, though.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
collins906

Post by collins906 »

alight thats all i needed to hear
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Picked a bad week to quit amphetamines eh Dude. :lol:
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
PilotSmack89

Post by PilotSmack89 »

Or a bad week to quit sniffing glue haha
-Blaze Red 92 MX-3 RS w/ Brembo rotors, Infinity Kappas 62.9i

"MA! THE MEATLOAF!!"
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah.
The engine was designed at Porsche, the seats by Recaro, and the rims by Enkei. They weren't screwing around. However, it didn'y get the popularity it deserved.
There is ALOT of info, and answers to your questions here. Just click the "search" feature in the red banner at the top of the page.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

haha well. i would take the search hint very seriously.
just because as ive learned.
you just post something thats already been brought up a million times. you will get slammed by alot of pplz to use the search.
but hey what fun is the site if no1 is talking?
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
Mike Wakeham

Post by Mike Wakeham »

fowljesse wrote:Yeah.
The engine was designed at Porsche, the seats by Recaro, and the rims by Enkei. They weren't screwing around. However, it didn'y get the popularity it deserved.
I knew the engine, or block more specifically was developed by Porsche, but I didn't know the seats were designed by Recaro good to know. And I only found out the rims were done by Enkei the other day when I were swapping wheels and noticed the stamp on the back. I was quite impressed!

They were deffo not screwing around with this car. Shame it never got the recognition it deserved, but can't help feeling it might have proved more popular in RWD. Still I love it as we all do on here :D

Got anymore interesting info like this Jesse?
My Toys:
Stock (for the moment) 1996 K8 MX-3 with CAI
1998 Suzuki GN 125cc (my learner bike!)
Soon Honda VFR 400 NC30(when I'm not a learner anymore!)
SpatialTerror

Post by SpatialTerror »

well i do agree there. it would more than likley get more respect in the car world as a rwd car.
but the body style wouldnt really agree i think.
if you notice the body draws your eyes twards the front wheels as the drive wheels with the way the front fenders are shaped.
and the rear fenders just look like there kinda getting dragged behind.
if it was rwd. it would look alot better with a little bigger lip over the rears than the fronts.
93 GS-R with crank pulley racing clutch and flywheel, magnaflow cat back exhaust, short ram air, 12" rockford fosgate p2 subs, on a amp 500rms, jvc touch screen deck.work log --->http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=75217
92 RS with lowering springs, and body kit.
SpatialTerror
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

Mike Wakeham wrote:can't help feeling it might have proved more popular in RWD. Still I love it as we all do on here :D
Too right, it seems it'd hard to make a RWD coupe like an mx3 unsucessful! It's still a wee dream of mine, that or AWD. Those club protegé guys with their toyota e153 trans swap do get me thinking...

Mike Wakeham wrote:Got anymore interesting info like this Jesse?
A trivia thread could be pretty sweet. Not sure what else other than what Jesse said and what wikipedia says could go in...
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Heheh. Mooneggs is the MX-3 man :) I'll see if I can remember more. A surprising number of people, including guys with very impressive MX-3s (A friend of mine with over 300WHP), don't know that we have passive all wheel steering that can be enhanced with Ployeurethane bushings.
The guy who knows the most about MX-3s (that I know of) is Yoda, but he hasn't been on here for a long time. It's interesting to search his old posts.

There are a few guys that have AWD MX-3s, and a couple are turbo'd.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

fowljesse wrote:Heheh. Mooneggs is the MX-3 man :) I'll see if I can remember more. A surprising number of people, including guys with very impressive MX-3s (A friend of mine with over 300WHP), don't know that we have passive all wheel steering that can be enhanced with Ployeurethane bushings.
The guy who knows the most about MX-3s (that I know of) is Yoda, but he hasn't been on here for a long time. It's interesting to search his old posts.

There are a few guys that have AWD MX-3s, and a couple are turbo'd.

I knew about the TTL's before I got my car Jesse =) That's a big part of why I picked the Mx-3!!

What's this about the polyurethane bushings though? I'd love to improve my AWS, I have had problems on a few corners.

Also, off topic but would you happen to know why my car clunks when I turn right in reverse? It's in the steering rack I think, but it feels horrible. Only happens in reverse though, and only if I crank it about 3/4 of the way. Thanks a bunch! Btw, the shift knob's treating me nicely.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc
MrMazda92
Supporting Member

Post by MrMazda92 »

collins906 wrote:just gettin into japanese tuners. i have no idea the what the 1.8 is compatible with or for that matter what the id number is. and jw if half the sights that say switch this ecu and u will have 50 more hp and better mph. any insight on this small v6 will be very helpfull. i know a klze is the way to go but this is for eating any civics up, which there are alot around here and all think there shite is untouchable.man last night i took a grand am gt with a passenger in my car. so i figure this engine will do. if i need anything else i will jump in my bimmer wich is not slow by any means. but i really like how this mazda handles so im keepin it around for a few yrs.

If it helps... I'm not going to ZE my car, just going to Turbo her. I think it'll be enough for my use, plus I like getting 30+ mpg.
Daily:
'12 Challenger R/T + STP - 3.92 w/ LSD, JG Cam, headers, SkipShift delete, Clutch Delay Valve delete, Hurst STS, RAM Clutch Adjuster, StopTech 6 Piston Brakes, Sticky Nittos, 435 WHP

Kid Hauler:
'08 Suburban LT 4WD - TVS 1900 Blower, LF SC Cam, headers, AFM delete, true 5" lift, 33x12s, 523 WHP

First Love:
'92 GS 5 spd - Straightneck KL/67mm TB, MegaSquirt/Coilpacks, 5 lugs/Speed6 brakes/FD wheels, wiretuck, coilovers, headers, AEM WB, Borla
Deleted: VAF/Power Steering/Air Conditioning/EGR/ABS/Auto Seatbelts/etc

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”