New idle problem:(

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

New idle problem:(

Post by Posey24 »

So fixed original vaccum leak. Now sometimes when im at idle the car will build up to bout 14-1500rpm the drop to bout 650-750rpm then climb again and drop. Seems like it happpens in first more so.
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: New idle problem:(

Post by mitmaks »

sounds like vacuum leak to me
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Newfie_dan

Post by Newfie_dan »

I had this issue and it turned out to be my coolant temp sensor at fault. I had no vac leaks. Replaced the sensor and problem fixed. As an added note check the coolant level, it really needs to be topped up all the way as well low coolant can make it do this exact problem. With the car cooled down remove the rad cap on the engine water spout and make sure its all the way to the top.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Coolant...I agree. I have this little problem from time to time because my engine filler cap leaks just a tiny bit so I lose a little coolant over time.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”