White smoke plz help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Posey24
antispam: No

White smoke plz help

Post by Posey24 »

So i need a new timing belt and that stupid tesnioner thing cuz i can hear a clicking noise from my timing belt area and from what ive read the tenioner likes to go out to. But as i said im getting white smoke so i cant pass smog its got 201k on original motor ive changed the oil recently and put in a bottle of zmax. I used to get a lil puff of smoke on start up but now its alk the time. Could the oil change or zmax have been a bad idea b4 smog or csn a bad timing belt and bad timing be the cause kinda weary bout adjusting timing before the new belt and such help plz.

Ps put a bottle of Bar. Something compression restore thing icase its myy rings or simething. Not sure if its jus me but seems to smoke a lil more
Dragyn Vyrus

Re: White smoke plz help

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

white smoke, is coolant. you most likely need a head gasket.
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
Posey24
antispam: No

Post by Posey24 »

Would that cause a failed smog? Would one of those head gasket sealer additives work? Any u guys reccomend¿
mazdags94

Post by mazdags94 »

Does the exhaust smell kinda sweet? If so then I would suspect your head gaskets. It could also be fuel. If you rev the engine a bit (or have someone else do it for you), can you see puffs of black smoke?

I had some leaky injectors that caused a lot of white smoke. It smelled really fuel rich, not sweet, and it turned black when revved. This was after I replaced head gaskets too. 200k tho, could be head gaskets...

If it does smell rich, look into an injector O-ring kit or just buy some used injectors from someone on here. Check your plugs too, because a cylinder that has a faulty injector may have black soot on it while others don't. That could even diagnose which injector is faulty.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”