93 to 95 dash swap in progress

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
bc93mx3

93 to 95 dash swap in progress

Post by bc93mx3 »

started doing the swap last weekend. my friend and i have been hitting it after work a couple days this week and it is almost done. i used the 95 rebar, hvac system, heater core, and blower motor. i am really pleased on how it is turning out, the dash is bolted in at all three points. the doors pannels line up perfectly with the dash. i was also able to keep the in car wiring harness intact and uncut. all wiring modifications were done on the 93 dash harness so it all plugs in and apears stock. all wires modified were soldered and shrink wraped. we tested all wiring tonight and it all works. the only thing left to do is make a new bracket for the 93 tilt stearing colum to bolt to the 95 rebar that didn't have tilt (dont know if thats the differance or if it was just a different design). i will post pics when it is all done.
solo_ryder

Re: 93 to 95 dash swap in progress

Post by solo_ryder »

Its a diff design if the mx3 had a airbag. I found that one out the hard way haha
bc93mx3

Re: 93 to 95 dash swap in progress

Post by bc93mx3 »

i dont like the way the stearing wheel with the air bag looks so i am keeping mine

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”