Official Rant thread.

Off-Topic Discussions
_-Night-Shade-_

Re: Official Rant thread.

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Wow, I know a place where you pay 'em 60 cash and they do a great 4 wheel alignment :shrug:

And Ryan: I'm really sorry to hear that dude. A perfect example of how life is unfair. The older I get the more I see how imperfect society is and how messed up laws and politics are. I guess the only thing we can do is stick through it...
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

Speaking of Alignment rants.. I paid Firestone $150 for a lifetime alignment. I did that when I had the RS too. This time.. they decided to tell me afterwards that the next time I come in they will have to charge me $40 to remove my strut bar (only the front one for some reason) because it wasnt factory equipment. Or I can remove & replace myself. Hey Mooneggs.. can you scan that brochure you have that shows that pic of the OEM strut bar? E-mail it to me and I will print it out and show them the cars could have had one from the factory ;) I also prefer to sit in my car while it is being aligned. Two reasons.. one.. I like to make sure the steering wheel is centered and two.. I am a big guy and my weight on one side of the car alone can effect the alignment, not by much really.. its more for my own piece of mind. They let me sit in my RS when they aligned it (they did a dang good job on that car too.. still in alignment today) but all of sudden there were policies against allowing me to do so in the GS. Chumps.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Maybe this is wrong to do..maybe I am being childish :shrug: ..........but my Dad's funeral :cry: was today.

My rant is..in the group that I have hung out with for years...in the Ontario MX..only 3 said their condolences .... where are the others............with these guys .. they are on FB and MSN too...............maybe...it is time to move on..............

Rant over
:shrug:

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Things that get right the f$%&! under my skin...

-people who go in the out door...as I'm trying to go out the out door and look at ME like I'M causing this little log jam!
-people who wear their outdoor shoes into the locker room at the gym...I'm going to post a sign at the entrance that says if I witness you in the locker room in dirty shoes I can immediately beat you senseless.
-young people who act as if the rules of courtesy don't apply to them because they believe they're cooler than the rest of us.
-salad dressing with too much vinegar.

Thanks for listening.

Deb...I don't know you but I know what you're feeling. It's not that people don't care. They just don't know how to express themselves in your situation and they're afraid of what they will feel. You'll feel better if you forgive them for that. Don't put any more anger and sadness in your heart than you have to...especially right now.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

wytbishop wrote:Deb...I don't know you but I know what you're feeling. It's not that people don't care. They just don't know how to express themselves in your situation and they're afraid of what they will feel. You'll feel better if you forgive them for that. Don't put any more anger and sadness in your heart than you have to...especially right now.
Ya I know that..............thank you.

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I went to the Funeral home web site to sign the guest book and I couldn't get into the site. They're web site sucks. I'm working 12-13 hr midnite shifts so I was unable to come to Kingston, sorry.
When I lost my parents I got one crumby card when I was entitled to a gift basket vocher from our club for flowers or whatever. No one bothered to go and ask for one for me. No one called to ask how things were, no one offered their condolences. I never gave any of it a second tought. I have no expectations of anyone.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

RANT:

It's amazing the people I talk to at my job. I am a customer service rep for tmobile... It makes me lose my faith in humanity... every morning I wake up.

The people that call in... they're... amazing. I honestly didn't know people like this exist. Well, deep in my heart I knew there were people like this, but only in movies you watch, and funny forum posts online. But in real life? It's a whole new story!

Do you REALLY think I'm dense and stupid?

Example 1:

Me: You went over your minutes... a LOT.
Lady: I didn't make those calls!
Me: Someone made those calls from your phone
Lady: No one has access to my phone. My phone will call people without me knowing!
Me: Phones don't call people and converse with them on their own
Lady: I didn't make these calls! It's my phone! I never talked that much!
Me: So... You didn't make any of these calls... Your phone automatically dialed them... without you knowing
Lady: Yes.
Me: And whoever answered the phone which your phone dialed, talked with NO ONE for 150 minutes straight without hanging up?
Lady: Don't tell me what my phone does and does not do! I want to speak to your supervisor!

How STUPID do you think I AM?

Or how bout this one:

Me: You were charged 200 dollars for international calls
Guy: But I put the phone in airplane mode before I called!
Me: That doesn't mean you're not getting charged...
Guy: But it never charged me before the last three months!
Me: Well... yes, but we corrected that workaround. It doesn't work anymore
Guy: Tmobile never told me that! I should get a credit! You should have told me that I couldn't use airplane mode to not get charged for those calls!
Me: We actually should charge you for the last three months, but we're not. Just because you cheated doesn't mean tmobile is going to inform you when we stopped it.
Guy: I still think I should get a credit
Me: This is actually considered stealing from the company. Sir, if someone stole from you three times consecutively, and came back the fourth time to steal and you caught him, are you going to say, "Well, you got away with it the last three times, here's the flat screen TV you came for the fourth time, since I didn't catch you the other times"
Guy: ....
Me: And you're going to just let him get away with it? You got away with the three times, take it and run and don't ask any questions about it. Tmo gets charged for every minute of those calls, you actually costed the company money.
Guy: ... Can I get just a partial credit then?

ULTRA HEADBANG!

Last one, my favorite:

Lady: Someone stole my PHONE!!!
Me: That's horrible!
Lady: I want that line SUSPENDED!
Me: It's already suspended for non-payment
Lady: THEY CAN PUT PREPAID MINUTES ON THERE!
Me: It's not a prepaid account....
Lady: WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND? THEY CAN USE MY PHONE, I WANT IT SHUT OFF!
Me: well... they can't make calls from your account, but you are right, they can access any information on the phone if it's not password protected, but I can't stop that
Lady: WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU? SHUT IT OFF!
Me: It's already shut off, I can't shut off a shut off line... but the good news is you do have insurance on your account, let me get you the insurance department's number so you can get a replacement as soon as possible
Lady: I have WHAT?
Me: Insurance to get a replacement phone.
Lady: You better send me a phone for FREE!
Me: It's actually a 130 dollar deductible
Lady: A WHAT????!?!!
Me: A deductible. Like any insurance account. You know, car or health insurance, you have to meet your deductible? You have a 400 dollar phone, the deductible is 130
Lady: WHAT THE(*&^ IS WRONG WITH YOU? THEY STOLE MY PHONE! I WANT A FREE *(^*&^ PHONE! I DON'T WANT THE SAME MODEL, I DON'T WANT A CHEAP A## PHONE, I WANT A FREE PHONE YOU RETARD!
Me: I'm going to have to ask that you refrain from the foul language
Lady: RETARD ISN'T A BAD WORD!
Me: Still, if you want my help you're going to have to stop the language. We have to send the same phone that you originally had..
Lady: I DON'T WANT THAT PHONE ANYMORE!
Me: Well, you don't have to get that phone, you can purchase a different phone if you like, but you're going to have to pay full price fo...
Lady: THERE YOU GO AGAIN, WHAT PART OF FREE DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND, YOU IDIOT?
Me: I've asked you before to stop the language
Lady: IDIOT ISN"T A BAD WORD, LOOK IT UP IN THE DICTIONARY!
Me: I'm not here to argue with you what's not a bad word or not. I'm being very respectful to you, I'm going to ask you be respectful to me, or I will have to disconnect this call. I'm trying to help you b...
Lady: NO YOU'RE NOT! YOU AREN'T HELPING ME AT ALL!
Me: I'm trying to give you your options, but you won't let me. Will you allow me to give you your options?
Lady: Fine!
Me: We can do a insurance replacement onyour phone. it will be the same phone as what you have. If you'd like to do so, you have to file a police report. Once you do you can contact insurance, it's a 130 dollar deductible. If you don't want the same phone, you can purchase a different phone but at the cost of the phone
Lady: YOURE TALKING LIKE A FISH! THERE YOU GO TALKING LIKE A FISH! YOU ALL MAKE ME SO MAD I JUST WANT TO GO DOWN TO TMO AND BLOW YOU UP TERRORIST STYLE
Me: That's not the right thing to say...
Lady: LISTEN YOU MORON, LET ME SPEAK TO YOUR SUPERVISOR! I"M GOING TO HAVE! YOUR! JOB! WHATS YOUR NAME!
Me: My name's Kris, and you're not going to speak to a supervisor. He has the same options for you as I do. I've asked you several times to stop the language and you've not listened. Because I've asked you several times, I'm going to disconnect *CLICK*
Aww, I didn't get to hang up on her, she hung up on me. Drat.

#End of story: I thought about the last call and realized that it should have gone to my supervisor so he could do something about her. So I told my coach. He pulled the call up, listened to it, then called his boss, the section manager, over to listen to the call. she was disallowed from calling customer care back ever again. the section manager, while listening to the call, said the following:
"How does someone talk like a fish? I mean, when we call this person back, should we tell her this is Kris' supervisor, or Nemo's Dad?"
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

SuperK has once again made my day.

I would rant again about MPI, an socialized insurance, but I'm so sick of it....
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Wow Kris I feel for you man, you'll never see me working a job like that - life's too short as it is =P
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

I worked tech support for Comcast for a year nad a half...I know exactly what you're talking about Kris.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

SuperK wrote:Me: You went over your minutes... a LOT.
Lady: I didn't make those calls!
Me: Someone made those calls from your phone
Lady: No one has access to my phone. My phone will call people without me knowing!
Me: Phones don't call people and converse with them on their own
Lady: I didn't make these calls! It's my phone! I never talked that much!
Me: So... You didn't make any of these calls... Your phone automatically dialed them... without you knowing
Lady: Yes.
Me: And whoever answered the phone which your phone dialed, talked with NO ONE for 150 minutes straight without hanging up?
Lady: Don't tell me what my phone does and does not do! I want to speak to your supervisor!
My sister's boyfriend's phone used to do this all the time. My mom's phone did it once or twice. It pretty much happened because the keypad wasn't locked and buttons were pressed accidentally to place a call. I would try yelling to see if they could hear me but that never worked.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yeah, there's pocket dialing, and then there's 120 minutes! When I get a pocket call, I listen for a few minutes, to determine what they're doing, and if it goes to voicemail, it only allows a few minutes.
Kris, even though that really sucks for you, it made me smile, too, because of the way you wrote it. Some people are incredibly dumb. I wish I could obtain a license to slap, and then explain why they deserved it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

A little Emergency response customer service. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_habakm ... re=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I have officially given up on driving ever again.

I have not had both a license and a car since September 2nd (minus two days, actually). It was supposed to, in all likelihood, end mid April. I've had an EKG, EEG, MRI, CT scan, and several rounds of bloodwork. I discovered that IV's make me pass out and spazm even though I don't look at it or think about it. That was the most frustrating thing ever, having zero control over your body. I am very accustomed to being in control of myself. Not to mention it made me feel like I died.

The medical half has been tolerable. I think they're used to the 'I don't know what happened occifer' excuse so they're being thorough. I really want to rub in in their faces that they're actually finding something. At least they're respectful about it, so I am definitely returning the favour. the EEG was inconclusive, so now I get to do a 'sleep deprived EEG' where I have to stay up all night (assuming I can't drink) and then get a ride to the city, and sleep while they test me some more. Not sure how I'm supposed to do that. My mother works full time, and is in the middle of her MMFT practicums. We are not lazy people with tonnes of spare time.

The legal part has been a royal pain. The figure that after 3 months of not driving, losing my baby (getting 1/3 back out of her what I got, at least) and having to rely on all of my extraordinarily busy loved ones to skoot me around, as I live 6 miles from the nearest commercial building, I still deserve demerits and a three month suspension, because there is a 'problem' with my driving record. (one 15km over, and one 'accident' that happened in a towing situation at under 10kmph, that would have not even happened if it had simply been not the middle of January and 40 below). I paid my ticket, and went to their 'driver and improvement control program' which was full of people who rolled daddy's Yukon twice or three different occasions, or drove their hack job boosted Si over an embankment and ruined some government property. I payed a full month and a half worth of university savings for that bulls--- bureaucracy.

Right now, as I type this, I am home alone for three weeks, with no means to transport myself anywhere. Its currently my 'spring break', too.

All because I was trying to do it the non-lazy mans way. I honestly passed out, and have no f#$@%#$^ing clue what was going on, and that because I do work 10 hours a day at one of the hardest labour jobs available to me so I can make good money and make it through school without having to sacrifice my marks to work a lot during winter (I still hold at least one part time job in winter), I am clearly a bad person. It doesn't matter that I have bought everything I own, had zero financial support (aside from my awesome single mother who keeps the roof up and the food under it) I have been working every damn summer since I was 12. I have never traveled anywhere since the summer my father left us. All of my friends are in Europe, Africa, or even just at school, which their parents helped with, maybe in their cars that their parents helped buy. Or, siting at home, smoking weed on EI.

so if Karma is out there..... hot damn, I'm excited for it.

P.S. Please excuse the massive run-on sentences.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Bolverk

Post by Bolverk »

Other than the medical stuff, I know how you feel. I had my license taken away February of last year and I still have 3 weeks left until I can get it back. I've been working since I was 13 and bought everything I have and am paying for college myself. I made one stupid mistake and they throw the book at me. Tons of fines and lost my license for a year. Everything is paid for now though, just waiting until March to drive again. I'm never going through that again.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS KLZE

Return to “Off-Topic”