KLDE turbo.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
yontzie
antispam: No

KLDE turbo.

Post by yontzie »

hello everyone. i have recently completed a DE swap and i am eventually wanting to turbo it.

what all will i need for this...

obviously new headers.... i have heard you can use jap mx-3 V6 turbo headers.
what electronics am i going to have to run....

any info would be great.

Thx, Yontzie
mazdags94

Re: KLDE turbo.

Post by mazdags94 »

Not trying to be a jerk but if you have to ask that question then you're not ready.

I would def suggest reading Maximum Boost by Corky Bell (you can find it using the search function)

Also, try using the FAQ page as well as "Forced Induction." A lot of great info in there.

As far as japanese Mx3 V6 headers, I've never heard of such a thing. Many use the turbo "hotpipes" or the mx6/probe gt turbo pipes available on ebay.

All in all, there are many paths you can take which will impact your parts list. (i.e. if you want low end power, you'll need a smaller turbo --> lower lag.... etc.)

Hope this helps ya.
'94 MX3 GS (black)-- 2.5L DE w/ straight neck IM, SSAC Headers, KYB-GR2's, Intrax Springs, CM Stage I clutch, OBX STS, filled front & rear mounts, CAI- SOLD :(
Buyer Feedback: viewtopic.php?f=37&t=62426" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=69003" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Amatuers practice until they can get it right; professionals practice until they can't get it wrong"

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”