wideband with magasquirt question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3stylez

wideband with magasquirt question

Post by mx3stylez »

just a question about installing a wideband o2. i welded a bung on my exhaust and installed the wideband there, but what do i do about the other o2 sensors? do i remove them and plug the holes, and if so, do i have to do anything with all the wiring for the removed o2 sensors?
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: wideband with magasquirt question

Post by fowljesse »

I put my wideband into the bung that was already there, but will move it to the final collector when I can. I put a bolt into the bung, so it would be flush with the inside of the primary tube. Ideally, welding a piece of pipe in place would be best, for best flow. With MegaSquirt, you bypassed the OEM O2 wires, so just tape them in place (if you think you may go back), or just cut them out..
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
mx3stylez

Post by mx3stylez »

awesome, thats what i thought, but i just had to make sure. thanks man
klze swap, wisco 8.5 comp pistons, pauter rods, act stage 3 clutch, lightened flywheel, UR racing pulley, flex-o-lite oil cooler, 2.5" custom exhaust with high flow cat, B&M short throw shifter, S&R cross drilled rotors, , B&G lowering springs, maxxim 17" gun metal rims, modded nissan injectors, walbro 255 lph fuel pump, areomotive afpr, msd 6a , magasquirt v3, and turboed
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

Does megasquirt exept any wideband?
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

NO prob, mx3stylez.
It has a list in the files of what it recognizes. The list is pretty comprehensive. It had my DynoJet, and evey other one I recognized, plus many more. Also, if yours isn't on the list, you can program it, if you're smarter than me :wink:
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

what wide band is it exaclty, there should be some instructions in your manual of how to calibrate it, if you don' t have your manual, you can find one on-line. to calibrate your wide band in megatune make sure you have the right imbeded file in your megsquirt and you configured it with megatune...go to megatune's configerator, click on your car's files (default is Car1) then go to settings.ini then click on settings and then Lambda sensor, then select the sensor you have, if it's not on the list click on WB_UNKNOWN, SAVE and exit. After this you will have to set it up in Mega Tune. Open megatune and click on the Tools menu then go to AFR calibrator, select your sensor or if it;s a linear sensor then you will have to enter some referance points for megatune to make a map....you can fidn those referance points in your manual. have fun
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh now you've done it, 10secSim.
You've shown your knowledge, and now I'll be coming to you with tuning questions!
:lol:
10secSim

Post by 10secSim »

well i'm trying :lol:
B6 1.6L DOHC, CAI, custom intake mani. with internal velocity stacks, 65mm thottle body, probe 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" high flow exhaust, Centerforce dual friction, MS2, MSD 6A, Tokico struts, EIBACH springs.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2443642" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Forced Induction”