Location of PCV 93 MX-3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
navymx3
antispam: No

Re: Location of PCV 93 MX-3

Post by navymx3 »

well what I was circling about the IAC is not the tube running into the air intake, but BEHIND the intake, below the throttle, its a cord connected to a black cylinder. thats what I saw. If i could take a pic of that, i would.
93 Mazda MX-3 GS V6 24V 5 Speed
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Oh.
My.
God!

This is seriously pissing me off. I hope you guys are prepared for my tirade. Do you honestly not know what a PCV valve is? Are you f***ing serious man? I'm pretty sure you could have found it on this forum if you searched. And even after you found out what it is you still don't know why it's connected to the Intake Manifold? Jeez, no wonder people can't find anything using the search function on here, it's because threads like these clog up all the USEFUL information. If you're really such a n00b about cars, why don't you do what I did when I was learning: go on Wikipedia and start looking up EVERY PART on the car that you don't know what it does (I'm serious, I did this). That's what it's there for, and the information is extremely useful and it would save everyon'e time on the forums here. Don't mean to be harsh but that's the reality of things.
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
navymx3

Post by navymx3 »

i understand your forwardness, but I honestly did not know what or where it was. I saw a post about it in another thread, but wasnt sure, so I figured id ask in my own. Sorry for gettin you frustrated, but this forum is here to help. Its not for experts, because noone becomes an expert without being a "n00b" first. and right now, im in the beggining stages of developing my car mechanic skills. So dont be a jerk to me just because i didnt know what a friggin pcv valve was. i do now, because i asked, and people answered and helped me out. And that is why i joined this forum, to et help and obtain knowledge about my car.
_-Night-Shade-_

Lol "car mechanic skills". Listen, everyone who's into cars should know at least some basic things, and I think this is definitely one of them. If you take the time to find an MX-3 resource like this forum and take the time to join it and start posting, I would have hoped that you also had the time to do a bit of reserach about the car and possibly use the search to try to answer your questions first and, god forbid, maybe even look at the online manual on mx-3.com
I'm not being a jerk, suck it up, sometimes you just gotta go the extra mile and do some work to learn a thing or two. Not everything's always gonna be handed to you in life.
navymx3

Post by navymx3 »

Haha, i understand that, and I didnt know what kind of car i had, until I got onto this forum. I bought the car several months ago, just needed a commuter to and from work, and around town. but getting on this forum i realized the kind of potential it has. im sorry for not being your average skilled poster, but i am a very fast learner, so if you guys can teach me things, and just answer my questions to the best of your ability, the more ill be able to help future posters with their questions about this awesome car. So please, dont be harsh, use constructive critisism, not words that will discourage someone from pursueing furthur about something that really interests them.
_-Night-Shade-_

You bought a car that you didn't even know anything about? Wow you're in real luck you didn't get ripped off then.
navymx3

Post by navymx3 »

Haha, the guy was selling it for 2k, i worked him down to 1700$, i think i got a good lil bargain :D But no, i didnt know diddly about it, i live in CA, my mom lives in FL, and she found this car on craigslist for me, and i bought it. Whats so bad about that? Apparently i got an amazing lil car for a good price. a crime? i think not :)
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

I'm the guy who asked why you couldn't put a KLZE camshaft in a 4 cylinder.

:shrug:

Sure everyone starts somewhere, but nightshade is right, you are excessively noobish. Thats okay with me, though. At least you've got the balls to ask questions not "my car runs like crap I replaced like a million little parts like my dad did it and it still runs bad like its on drugs or someting haha pelase help"
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
navymx3

Post by navymx3 »

Haha, well im trying to be as non-noobish and specific about whats wrong as possible. I really am trying to learn as much as I can from you guys as possible, so I dont ahve to ask so many questions, and can contribute to the large database of knowledge this forum has.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

Are you able to view the online manuals? I would suggest starting there... there are plenty of diagrams about every part of the car and complete detail about the engine and related components.

I have done 90% of the work on my mx-3's with the online manuals and my simple craftsman tool kit.

I would suggest starting with the 1992 workshop manual. Just remember there are sections for the 4 cylinder engine (B6 SOHC) as well in the manual. Make sure you look in the sections for the 6 cylinder engine (K8 DOHC).

http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mitmaks

Post by mitmaks »

I hope you know where other basic stuff is ie spark plugs, battery....engine lol
Seriously though PCV is on every car and it shouldn't be hard at all to find it for anyone who's familiar with cars.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

navymx3

Post by navymx3 »

Haha, yea I know basic engine stuff, oil filter, belts, cat, fuel filter, ive changed my sparkplugs 1 time, with generic kragen plugs.
m7x3r

Post by m7x3r »

Okay so after a bit of research on any threads regarding pcv valves and their issues... and after reading this one ... I have decided to ask my question on here ... even though some how this thread took a wrong turn... and for starters for those who get pissed off aggravated or feel that I am causing them "agony" by posting a "stupid" question or for the lack of knowledge I have... then simply walk yourself out and keep it shut no one put a freakin' gun to your head and asked you to answer ish if you don't feel like answering or think this is too stupid to be answered fair enough glad you're the all knowing mx-3 guru now have yourself a cookie and some milk coz you just made momy proud... for those who are nice enough and are helpful I thank you in advance for your respect and for all your help and for remembering the purpose of this site to begin with ... post a question ... post an answer.. or an openion... was never meant for arguing back and forth like lil kids :S very disappointed to see something like this ... if you don't wonna answer or think it's too stupid to be answered that's fine just like you want to be respected respect others so zip it and walk away no one forced u to login and post an answer ... as for those who are nice and helpful and are "good Samaritans" well again I thank you in advance and respects to you..... now that i am glad i got that off my chest ... here is my question

I used to have a K8 now I have a KLZE and noticed both engines more less behave the same way or exhibit the same symptom... the pcv valve seems to get a lot of oil leak around it ... normally i replace it when i do my tune up spark plugs dist. rotor yadddy yadaa.. and thought oh may be coz the K8 engine is abused and old ... but the KLZE engine does the same thing ... i understand different cars are designed differently but my buddy's 92 prelude's pcv valve is so nice and dry and nicely firm in there... mine always always have to have some oil around sometimes more than usual where you can just see it ... doesn't seem soo tight in there ... it's not loose that it blows off but still not so nice and tight in there...... is that something to be concerned about ... i am worried about gaskets my engine does burn a bit of oil just a feature that comes with any JDM but only burns in high revs and burns in a normal healthy way just like all japanese engines do... i was thinking of looking into one of those oil catch cans but still I just don't like the idea of my pcv valve letting so much oil get passed the valve cover a bit is okay ... too much is not sounding good .... thanks guys
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

Thats such a stupid question you're a total moron.

That aside,

Do you mean the PCV is leaking between its rubber grommit and itself, or between the grommit and the valve cover? yYu could try replacing that grommit. I believe you have to remove the valvecover to do it from the back side though. I did it just yesterday, but I was reusing old parts... maybe a new one fits through the top.

A catch can won't stop the PCV from leaking, it will just stop the oil from getting into the intake manifold.

If you want to prevent oil from getting to the PCV valve at all, you'll need to do some work and install some sort of separator inside the valve cover. The stock maze keeps the fluid out, but cams at 4k rpm put plenty of little particles into the air.

You should probably come to terms with the fact that Mazda engines are leaky. Nature of the beast. Honda motors do have plenty of awesome features that Mazda ones don't, such as good gasket surfaces and materials, PCV systems, intake systems.... etc. Unplug a PCV on a Honda, and it won't stall on you. Intake leak won't make your car run like crap. Get plenty of power out of little displacements and still get good mileage. Engines that last basically forever.

And my mommy is proud of me, thank you very much.
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”