ZE CURVE NECK RUNNING A BIT ROUGH.....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
BornSticky

ZE CURVE NECK RUNNING A BIT ROUGH.....

Post by BornSticky »

(so i have ze curve neck with probinator ecu with no egr) this has happened since the swap which was quite some time ago but 1 out of 10 times or so when i start my car the check engine light isnt on which it should be cause i have no egr and it idle really badly until i rev it to about 3500 rpm the n the check engine light comes on and it idle fine again....... i was thinking of changing my stock gs o2 sensors which ones should I get? just the stock sensors again or would it be better to get the millenia ones or mx-6 ones?

my second question was is there a way to get rid of the check engine light even though there is no egr??...

third is that i have just installed a 2.5 exhaust with headers and when i start my car up from cold it pops quite a bit like a little back fire but once warmed up it goes away is there anything to fix this issue?
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
Slammed6

Re: ZE CURVE NECK RUNNING A BIT ROUGH.....

Post by Slammed6 »

If you have the Probinator chip the CEL is not from the EGR. His ECU deletes the car from popping the light on from the EGR not being there.

Pull the code and see which on your car is throwing, I'm sure its not the EGR one
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

oh.... i always thought it was.... yeah ill check it thanks
92 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE Curve Neck, Probinator ECU, Full 2.5" exhaust with headers, cai, performance radiator, millenia alternator, 5spd, excedy stage 2 clutch, MTX 12" sub sony explod D series 600w amp, pioneer 260w deck, kyb on dropzone springs, HEI mod.
92 Mazda RX-7 (efini) FD3S urethane motor mount, Air intake, 18" Chrome rims besides that stock. SOLD!
93 Mazda MX-3 GS laguna blue full exhaust, cai, kyb shocks R.I.P. stupid jeep driver!
#5389 to join MX-3.com
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

so i pulled the codes and i have quite a few 3,5,15,16,17,23,24
so i guess the 15 17 23 24 means i need to replace my o2 sensors. im not sure if it is ok to have the rest of the error codes or not though...
#5389 to join MX-3.com
msd-supermx3

Post by msd-supermx3 »

Umm in my experience with mazdas, everything needs to be repaired b4 the problems get bigger.... yeah so repair it...

I belive the other codes have to do with angle sensors and that can screw up ur timing adjustments and cause whole lot of other problems.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I buy my 02 sensors from Rockauto or you can go to oxygensensors.com Buy the ones for your K8 and use Denso as they're the factory ones. Don't use Bosch. O2 sensors are important so don't cheap out.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Here is all your answers to your questions.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mx6-uk/malf/malfcode.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
BornSticky

Post by BornSticky »

yeah i did a search and found it thanks for the info though
#5389 to join MX-3.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”