Where to buy headlights/how to know if they fit?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
95Mx3GS

Where to buy headlights/how to know if they fit?

Post by 95Mx3GS »

Hey guys I was looking at some halo headlights on ebay and I found a few decent looking ones. Then I used the search button to find some discussions on them but all I found was 50 pages of a group buy and a guy whose headlights didn't fit properly. So is there any way to know if they will fit? Is there a certain ebay seller that has good ones? Thanks for the help. And if I missed the thread on this/if it was asked before please just link it to me, thanks.
Also, can I use a stock bulb with these?

These are the lights i am looking at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1992-95- ... 53dabb9f05

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/92-93-94 ... ccessories
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Where to buy headlights/how to know if they fit?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

holy hell..
ya, they fit. they come in black and most of us went with spyder auto for the group buy. AFAIK they are the only ones that are DOT legal.
if you search spyder you will find many topics.. fitment, hid and the gb.. only the largest topic ever found.
95Mx3GS

Post by 95Mx3GS »

hey man no need to be all negative. most of the topics are so old that links/pics dont work. what are the safety rules regarding them? horizontal LED's are okay but verticals aren't? I looked at the sticky but the links are both broken (for canada). also, how do I buy some from spyder auto? do they have a ebay page or is it straight off their site?
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... er#p528462" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
95Mx3GS

Post by 95Mx3GS »

okay thanks. but can you help me with the legality? i have been searching forever.... f---
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Check out our search option. We did a group buy and all your questions are answered there.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
95Mx3GS

Post by 95Mx3GS »

yea i know i did check the search option man, theres 50 pages of stuff..... can you just tell me? if not i guess ill have to read 50 pages thanks though. can you at least give me the link to the group buy?
umcamara
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by umcamara »

Why don't you just search google or whatever for headlight legality issues? You do have internet access?

Instead of coming back and forth with non-Mx3-specific questions.
'96 Silver Stone Metallic MTX RS
'98 BMW 328is M-Tech

Feedback Thread
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

lazy
horizontal led lights (spyder/option auto) are dot legal.. The ones jesse is selling (although black) are the best ones to get... and a great deal. If you were to search spyder... you'll find jesse's write up and the how to. I suggest you read his threads before buying any projector headlight.
95Mx3GS

Post by 95Mx3GS »

k thanks. and i did search about the legality, multiple times, theres nothing.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

you must be talking about google or something...
I searched: "dot spyder"

found this right away:
http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... er#p515375" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you'll get the hang of the search function... remember keep it simple.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

The only legal issue is in the fact that some say "DOT" on them and some don't. If they don't it simply means that they have not been certified for use in the US. That is not to say that they might not receive certification if such was sought, it simply means that they are not, for whatever reason, certified.

Otherwise, legally speaking, the main issues with any type of lighting are associated with the colors of lights on your vehicle and whether or not you are using configurations which are reserved for emergency vehicles or are specifically legislated against in your area. For example, ambulances and other emergency vehicles use rotating amber beacons. You may not. In Alberta, signal lights on the front of the vehicle must be amber. Signal lights on the rear of the vehicle may be amber or red. Police vehicles in North America use blue lights. You may not.

So if you plan to put an HID kit in your new headlights...stay away from the really high numbers. Anything over about 4000K are pretty blue and many people have have unwanted attention from police.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

the ones with the vertical leds have fitment problems. they are too small.

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”