DELETED

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
93BlackMX3

DELETED

Post by 93BlackMX3 »

Last edited by 93BlackMX3 on October 17th, 2009, 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: 16" Eagle Alloys Vs. Stock Rims

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

larger tread and smaller profile will always cause the same thing. Switching to lighter rims is always a good idea. See this months Dsport mag for a nice selection of rims.. weight and prices listed. Great read.

Sorry for the plug. I do find it to be a great mag tho.
MX3 96
antispam: No

Post by MX3 96 »

I'm running a 17 inch low pro set up came on car along with the stock what ever steel wheels that I will put on in a few months for winter. But this car handles like a dream. To be honest my first Mazda and I am an older gent who has been driving sport and muscle car's all my life nothing but. Do to divorce and daughter in Unversity lol the gas guzzling powerhouse had to go. So got no idea what kind of rim specs ect but bill from a local; Hamilton shop that been here for yrs is almost 3 k rims rubber install bal ect. Only 5500ks on the set up when i bought car 3 months ago I have reippled that. And Man I luv this lil car.
93BlackMX3

DELETED

Post by 93BlackMX3 »

Last edited by 93BlackMX3 on October 17th, 2009, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

there are a million different wheels that would be better. .. a smaller side wall will make you feel the bumps more.. a wider tread will always cause some sort of feed back issue. Don't be lazy.
People upgrade FROM the gs rims all the time. I'd keep them for winters, but not looks or performance. IMHO, eagle alloys are kinda low end.

The 45/205 vs 65/185 (or something close to it) will be the issue. Getting a lighter rim is a good idea... but if your profile is lower than stock or if your wider than stock expect the same ride quality. Upgrde your suspension.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”