Black Coolant Tank Leak

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
*Y*

Black Coolant Tank Leak

Post by *Y* »

Hey everybody,

I had a bit of a problem with my cooling system. The black tank where the radiator cap screws on and the hoses from the radiator go into is leaking right smack-dab at the seam. We tried gluing it a couple times, but each time it started leaking again, I guess it's just too much pressure. I was wondering if anybody had a similar problem and if I can get a replacement somewhere. I called the dealership, but they didn't understand what I was talking about. Is there a specific name for it?
Icarus_27

Re: Black Coolant Tank Leak

Post by Icarus_27 »

Filler neck maybe?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ha, I just threw two out. If your stuck i have another,,,somewhere. Postage is usually $20 bucks minimum.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

I just brought my whole rad in as a core to the wreckers not too long ago, damn.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
*Y*

Post by *Y* »

I appreciate the replies. Daninski, I would appreciate it if you look around. Btw is the tank the same on other KL cars?
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Otay, I'm going over tomorrow. I'll see what I have. We've wrecked two mx3's but therre's still one left. More too follow.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

*Y* wrote:I appreciate the replies. Daninski, I would appreciate it if you look around. Btw is the tank the same on other KL cars?
It's different, KLDE cars use a more square tank with a different bypass hose. You should be able to make it work with a bit of effort though.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”