ZE DISTY FIRING ORDER

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ramsen25

ZE DISTY FIRING ORDER

Post by ramsen25 »

hey guys i just put in the klze distributor but the cap order is different then the k8 cap can someone tell me the firing order on the ze cap,
wytbishop

Re: ZE DISTY FIRING ORDER

Post by wytbishop »

Read this...

http://www.mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... lled+on+K8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Socket #4 & 5 are reversed that's all. You will also notice that the contacts inside the cap are at a slightly different orientation...about 20º advanced and that's one of the reasons a K8 or DE cap doesn't work on a ZE disty.

Just plug it in, wire up the plug wires correctly (the numbers should be stamped on the cap) and do your HEI mod and it's work just fine.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
ramsen25

Post by ramsen25 »

lol got it workin only took me 3 hours lol
speedmazda

Post by speedmazda »

is there any negative effect from using the ze rotor and cap on the k8 disty?

my cap and rotor were shot and they were like new on the klze engine i picked up, so i swapped my disty on the klze but kept the ze rotor and cap on it.

had the car out for a spin a few days ago and it didnt really impress me, running probinator with a JE-50 vaf and shes still really rich, but im wondering now if using those ingition parts were a mistake?
'94 MX-3 GS. Curve Neck ZE-Powered!! Headers, high flow cat, 2.5 exhaust, custom CAI, stage 2 centerforce clutch, dropzone lowering springs.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

They are not interchangeable. Your timing is way way off with that arrangement.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
speedmazda

Post by speedmazda »

yeah i've realized now whats happened.. the ze disty cap has a 7th nipple on it for the external coil correct? the disty cap from my (thought curve-neck ZE) has only 6 nipples same as the k8. the distributor from this motor has the marking KL-01. im assuming its now not a ZE, but a millenia 174hp DE.. : ( another guy shafted with a different motor that i thought i bought...
'94 MX-3 GS. Curve Neck ZE-Powered!! Headers, high flow cat, 2.5 exhaust, custom CAI, stage 2 centerforce clutch, dropzone lowering springs.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”