Rear Mount removal!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JoshVK
Supporting Member

Rear Mount removal!

Post by JoshVK »

Ok so pulled the KLZE out of my parts car today and had to cut bolt to get rear mount out...
How is this supposed to be done?
on parts car lower mount had a bolt that was striped so i couldent just take out mount.. but im assuming thats how youd do it?
figured id check as my K8 is comming out tomorrow..
thanks in advance..
1996 MX-3 GS - rollin' on Rota Slipstreams, (Red, Deep Tint, Black Lip)
True Straight Neck KLZE with TB relocate. Custom Cold air Intake. 2.25 Exhaust to Bosal muffler.
ACT Stage 2, Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel, Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings and SS Clutch Line.
Suspension Techniques Springs On Zx2 Struts. SRD Control arm Bushings, Custom Sway Bar Links
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Re: Rear Mount removal!

Post by Kirk95gs »

What I did;

Hooked up the engine lift. put some tentsion on. removed all mount p/s,d/s,front. removed the driverside rock sheild in the wheel well. You can see the mount bolts. (loosen the bolts from under the car first, as far out as you can get them, the nuts should come off. Get a socket with a long extention. had a buddy work the lift up and down while I played with the motor untill I could get the socket on the bolts. removed, screw the bolts out. It took me 45mins or so but I got it without cutting anything and removing my crossmember.

I bought new bolts after and put them in the opposite way they came out. So next time I could just remove the bolts under the car with no issue.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Kirk95gs wrote: I bought new bolts after and put them in the opposite way they came out. So next time I could just remove the bolts under the car with no issue.
is there room though? I recently installed AWR mounts and I had to cut the bolt as well...
Kirk95gs
Supporting Member

Post by Kirk95gs »

Should be no problem. you can put a wrech on the nut from the top of the engine bay looking down to the mount. and rachet the bolt out from the other side.

I got the old bolts out no problem. just had to lift the engine a bit to pass the control arm. Then when I installed I fed the bolt through the other way. no issue. should come out just as easy as it went in.
96mx-3

Post by 96mx-3 »

hey just a question im in the same problem i bouhgt awr mounts.. i have my front on .. i removed all the nessasary parts to lift up my motor to pull out the rear bot.. and it is about a half in from clearing the frame or w.e is inthe way so what is the right way to put one in after i cutt it .. just the opposite way ?
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

after I cut mine I got a replacement bolt and put it in the opposite way.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”