Exhaust

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RyansMX3

Exhaust

Post by RyansMX3 »

Hoping you guys can help me out, I am looking at either putting a whole new exhaust on the car or just an aftermarket muffler with a nice tip. Does anyone have a pace setter exhaust or know if they are good or not? looks like a nice product. If so your feedback would help, on either the full exhaust or aftermarket stuff
Thanks.......
1992 GS, Full body Kit Costum shaved, Crazy Stereo, 17" rims, Insane shaved hood!!!!!!! Too much Too list!!
Dragyn Vyrus

Re: Exhaust

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

I have a custom 2.25" header back, cat deleted, about a 1.5 - 2 foot resonator. and a ractive 3" duo tip muffler. sounds very nice, good deep tone to it but its loud! sounds better on the ZE than the K8 but still anything but the classic fart can on a sunfire sound.
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
RyansMX3

Post by RyansMX3 »

Nobody else has any oppinions?????????????
1992 GS, Full body Kit Costum shaved, Crazy Stereo, 17" rims, Insane shaved hood!!!!!!! Too much Too list!!
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

MOVED!
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

I hear Pacesetters are rubbish.

Although if you want to do full exhaust - headers, etc (which you shouldn't if all you got is a K8), then your options are rather limited, because pretty much everything that's available is fairly crap.

If you only want to do catback, then Magnaflow is a good option.
Robx1r

Post by Robx1r »

has anyone tried bike exhausts on the k8???
_-Night-Shade-_

Post by _-Night-Shade-_ »

Why wouldn't you want to do headers for the K8?
--------------------------------------------
[WORKLOG] [FOR SALE] [Wishlist] [Feedback]
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Because the minimal gains you would get would not be justified by the price of headers. Basically waste of money.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Headers are not a waste of money, Do they make as much HP increase as say a nice set of DC headers on a Honda, Probably not, but still make a nice improvement on the KL motors. Anything to free up exhaust flow is better than the stock logs, where 3 cylinders have a ~1.5" hole to breathe from.

I've personally had both the pacesetter headers and the SS autochromes, especially since the SS Autochromes are 100 bucks on eBay, how can you go wrong with a nice set of headers?

As far as exhaust, if you have a KLDE or KLZE you are going to want to run a 2.5" exhaust setup, if your sticking with the K8 then 2.25" is sufficient.

A resonator will give you a quieter smoother sound, if that’s what you’re looking for this is what you want. The longer you get the more smoother/quieter it will make you car. As far as them hindering HP it will, but by a minimal amount....maybe 1-2 HP depending on the length. But definitely worth it on how nice it makes it sound, in my opinion.

Mufflers are all up to you on the style you want and so forth. There is basically 2 different "style" in performance aspect. Straight through and chambered. Straight through will net you more power, but will be much louder. And chambered is kind of like a built in resonator, much quieter and will decrease HP a minimal amount.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
Whisper

Post by Whisper »

Slammed6 wrote:Headers are not a waste of money, Do they make as much HP increase as say a nice set of DC headers on a Honda, Probably not, but still make a nice improvement on the KL motors. Anything to free up exhaust flow is better than the stock logs, where 3 cylinders have a ~1.5" hole to breathe from.
We're talking about K8. :|
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Whisper wrote:
Slammed6 wrote:Headers are not a waste of money, Do they make as much HP increase as say a nice set of DC headers on a Honda, Probably not, but still make a nice improvement on the KL motors. Anything to free up exhaust flow is better than the stock logs, where 3 cylinders have a ~1.5" hole to breathe from.
We're talking about K8. :|
Still make a difference....and depends on what other mods you have to compliment them.
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

I just found these and I'm thinking they may be worth it. Looking for others opinions. http://www.darkstarmotorsports.com/inde ... ge5200.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they also got a fuel rail upgrade for the mx-3 but I dont think that it will fit on the KLZE
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

kast2L wrote:I just found these and I'm thinking they may be worth it. Looking for others opinions. http://www.darkstarmotorsports.com/inde ... ge5200.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

they also got a fuel rail upgrade for the mx-3 but I dont think that it will fit on the KLZE
That's a turbo manifold, not headers.

There's no point in upgrading the fuel rains unless you're running boost.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

Slammed6 wrote:
As far as exhaust, if you have a KLDE or KLZE you are going to want to run a 2.5" exhaust setup, if your sticking with the K8 then 2.25" is sufficient.

really? cause the dyno database on probetalk basically says that 2.25" exhaust on a NA KL has greater torque readings then the 2.5".

and sure if your not interested in swapping a motor, then buying ebay headers for your 1.8 is worth it, they are cheap plus that look really good when you pop your hood, if you take away that useless plastic piece that runs across the rad support for stock intakes.

for people who aernt familiar with our cars when you pop your hood they wont be able to tell the difference between a 2.5 and a 1.8, but they will be able to tell the difference from stock crappy exhuast to shiny headers (or in some cases painted or wrapped)
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
kast2L

Post by kast2L »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:
kast2L wrote:I just found these and I'm thinking they may be worth it. Looking for others opinions. http://www.darkstarmotorsports.com/inde ... ge5200.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That's a turbo manifold, not headers.

There's no point in upgrading the fuel rains unless you're running boost.
isn't the word header another word for exhaust manifold!?!?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”