A night with the HIDs....

A forum for posting automotive related Images & Video Clips. (Please keep it clean, no profanity or offensive material.)
BuGS

A night with the HIDs....

Post by BuGS »

Well I got the Spyder Headlights with HID's in the groupbuy, got my new harness, and decided I would make all you who didn't get in on the GB Jealous... :P And as a pre-warning, they are BRIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The projector

Low beam Only

With the high too

low, high and foglights!!! I will feel sorry if I ever get someone with all this light!

Lows against a wall

Low+High against a wall

Lows across a field

lows and highs across the field!

And now for the game, can you guess what all I have on or around my dash?? All those colors... :love2:

Cookies for anyone who can guess right on EVERYTHING!!! :P
Evo_Spec

Re: A night with the HIDs....

Post by Evo_Spec »

Pioneer Premier DEH-930 Headunit

boost gauge

...oil pressure?
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Switches with L.E.D.'s in them to control your L.E.D.'s in the headlights and to control the halo's?!!
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Oh, Yes!
You could put an eye out with those things!
Now, you just need to adjust them so the notch lines up.
In picture #6, those 2 parts that look like steps need to converge.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

fowljesse wrote:Oh, Yes!
Wrong.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17073
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Around the dash? I am not sure? A temple sealing certificate? lol

I guess that is a AFC of some sort under you stereo and the light on ur dash is.... well idk
mazda915

Post by mazda915 »

cool lights was it easy to connect the halos man ?
1992 gs k8ze . 4 inch tip 2.5 cat , cold air intake ,corksport front and rear stut bars home made upper pillar bar , prosport gauges,megan racing 4 pts harnest, 10,000 K HID's , ksport suspension ,
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

andrewlcraft wrote:
fowljesse wrote:Oh, Yes!
Wrong.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17073
FAIL.
I'm not going to sign up for some random site, just to argue with you.
If you have some information, go ahead and share it, as this IS a forum.
If your point is that he's too close to the wall for them to line up, then you have something.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

Well #1, I honestly didn't know you'd have to sign up to view the thread. I was trying to share the correct information with the forum, that's why I posted the link. It includes diagrams about aiming projectors that evidently is needed here, and thought people would benefit from reading through it themselves. What it boils down to is that the steps do not converge, but should be the same distance apart on the wall as they are mounted on the car, and the beam should drop 2-2.5" at 25 feet. The steps appear to converge, but never actually do. If any more clarification is needed, do sign up for hidplanet, as there is a wealth of information there.
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

Since some people took offense at me trying to link the entire 7 page thread of information and debate, I'll repost the diagram I mentioned here to get you guys started:
Originally posted by linuxglobal of hidplanet.com forums wrote: I came up with this diagram a while back. The others agreed it was accurate as a guide. The only value that may vary includes the width between the beams (pic says 3-4 feet) however that varies by each vehicle.

I think it should be fairly useful for members that want to use an aiming guide instead of asking around each time.

Drops from red line are the following.

DOT:2.1-2.5 inch
ECE: 3 inch
The reason I started on this was this quote:
fowljesse wrote: Now, you just need to adjust them so the notch lines up.
Which indicates that the steps in that picture should converge, or be one on top of the other, which is false. That would put them aimed very much to the middle of the road, and would limit the already average width of a halogen projector. The correct way is as pictured, measure the width between the lense of the projector on the vehicle, and the the cutoff steps on the wall at 25 feet should be the same distance apart as that measurement. The the lower step of the cutoff line should drop 2-2.5" from the original height of the projector lense. And yes, this means SUV's legally aimed get their lights higher than us little cars! As you get further away from a wall, the steps do appear to converge, although they actually don't. Hope this helps.
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Yeah, I don't know why but the lights aren't perfectly level, so the pts on the top of each "step" are at the same height, or close to it. The passenger might be a tad high, but that is so I can see the deer better.

And I would recommend signing up to hidplanet. It is the BEST forum for lighting discussions!!
Mazdaspeed96743

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Very nice buGS!.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Okay, sorry for the tone of the reply, andrewlcraft. That is good information. I was told that they should converge at 30 ft. (I think), so that's what I did. It seemed to make sense, since it dips down in the middle, where it keep from blinding the cars ahead's side mirrors.
andrewlcraft

Post by andrewlcraft »

fowljesse wrote:Okay, sorry for the tone of the reply, andrewlcraft. That is good information. I was told that they should converge at 30 ft. (I think), so that's what I did. It seemed to make sense, since it dips down in the middle, where it keep from blinding the cars ahead's side mirrors.
It's all good, man. Just want to get the right info out there.

Return to “Images/Videos Forum”