SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
onlytrueromeo

Re: SmoothMX3 - 93 MX3 GS

Post by onlytrueromeo »

There are 2 different KLZE throttle body styles - 1 For the Curve neck and 1 for the straight neck. The kl47 tb (curve neck) Has sensors in same place as the k801 TB - the only difference is the IAC plug faces the other way. The KL31 TB has the IAC valve on the other side of it. I can get pictures to show you a comparison of all three if you'd like.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

I already know what I have though. I have the Straight Neck ThrottleBody...
My problem is, When I put the throttlebody on, the plug in connectors on the fuel rail is too close to the connector for the tps sensor. But, It does the same thing with either the K8 TB or the ZE TB. So, I'm not going to be able to use my ZE curved neck manny and just use the K8, then?!
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
--- K8 was my gateway drug.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Also... I bought a cheap-o short shifter on ebay. I've used them many's of times. For some reason... It's stuck at the top and won't go down anymore. If I bang on the top of the shifter, that whole cup thing the shifter goes into slides down. What to do?!
93 MX-3 2.5 KLZE - KL101 \\ H&R Springs \\ Short Shifter \\ 17" ADR Rims \\ 205/40/R17 Namkang Tires \\ Millenia Manifold \\ Rockford Amp \\ Rockford 12" Sub \\
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

That doesnt really make sense... the cup is supposed to go down into the hole till it hits bottom. Then you put the spring inside so it dont move
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Correct. The cup on the shifter is supposed to go down in the hole. I am saying that the hole is the thing that is moving. It's so tight for the shifter cup to go down, that it's just stuck there and when I try to force the shifter down, it makes that thing go down. err!! help me solo. get on msn or something, or call me!
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Did you grease the hell out of everything when you tried putting it in? If not try pulling it out and greasing it.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Yep... Greased it. It's like a virgin dude.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

That sucks, that's why I don't like ebay stuff, there's always a chance of it just barely not fitting.
KLZE-ed '94 RS/'92 GS hybrid -- It's complicated :lol: -- Now somebody's winter beater
1999 Audi A4 2.8Q -- New ride
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

you can make short shifters from your stock shifter for next to nothing. just extend the length of which where the shifter bolts to the shift rods and the ball at which the shifter pivots on. the longer you extend that, the shorter your throw.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
millaj01

Post by millaj01 »

Hey Bro,

Not sure why I didn't know about this work log section before, but it's awesome to see you making such great progress on this swap. I really can't wait to see the finished product....you must be buzzed with the anticipation of having it done.

I caught my ghetto, beat-up H&R box in one of your pictures underneath some stuff and that made me smile. Can't wait to see 'em paired up with those rims. Looking tight.
'93 MX-3 GS Image
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Hiya Millaj01, Aint talked to you in awhile. Here's some updates/progress.

MX-3 Tranny is bolted to the ZE.
ZE Curved Neck Manifold is bolted to the ZE.
Short Shifter is in place and bolted in.

Does the Curved neck suppose to have 1 or 2 of those black connector silenoid things?
I'm guessing I have to take the rail off of the K8 that goes from behind the motor, up under the throttle body and to the 3 way vacume?
Would it be better to leave or take off the back motor mount, before installing the ZE?
Does anyone have any CV axles for cheap?
Found out which clutch was on the ZE, it's a DK. Daiken?!
I should have ordered a new one, but let's see what this one can do.
If I get my ecu chipped, do I send it to probinator, or does he send me the chip?
Are those black connector silenoid things interchangable from the K8?

Thanks for the help.
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

SmoothMX3 wrote: Does the Curved neck suppose to have 1 or 2 of those black connector silenoid things?
The VRIS solonoids? 2, one for each VRIS actuator.
SmoothMX3 wrote: I'm guessing I have to take the rail off of the K8 that goes from behind the motor, up under the throttle body and to the 3 way vacume?
I had to improvise as mine had no rail too. I just ran a flexible hose and took the T junction of the k8, just make sure the layout's the same.
SmoothMX3 wrote: Would it be better to leave or take off the back motor mount, before installing the ZE?
I can't remember if there was clearance for this, I'm pretty sure I had my mounts bolted on before dropping it in.
SmoothMX3 wrote: Found out which clutch was on the ZE, it's a DK. Daiken?!
Might be ok, I know nothing of that brand, how does it look?
SmoothMX3 wrote: If I get my ecu chipped, do I send it to probinator, or does he send me the chip?
you can send the whole ECU off to him and he will install for extra $$$. Otherwise he sends you the chip, hardest parts getting the old chip out as it's soldered both sides.
SmoothMX3 wrote: Are those black connector silenoid things interchangable from the K8?
The VRIS solonoids are indeed :) I think all the solonoids are the same.
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Oh thank you so much!!

Btw, I finally got that throttlebody problem fixed. The straight neck throttlebody does work on the curved neck manifold. The fuel rail sensor things are really close to the tps, but it will still work. My little brother (the one that was helping me and doing most of the work), we kinda got into alittle argument type deal and now im stuck with it and am confused on where a few things go. I'll take pics tomorrow guys.
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

Don't fight with the help!!! Dude...what were you thinking?
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
SmoothMX3

Post by SmoothMX3 »

Well, When you are saying ... umm, dirty things to my wife... Uhh, I don't take too kind to that. :D

Anyways, I was just outside and I was trying to figure out which of those rail things to use. It's the thing that goes from that back of the manifold, or kinda under it. It has a hose one end and the other end is a metal pipe thing. one end hooking to the back of the head, i think. the other end going under the throttle body and coming up to hook to the three way vacumme that connects to the intake and the valve cover. got me??
my question is, which of those rail things do i use? the one that came on the straight neck ze doesn't look like it will work. ive put it up to it and there is no where to bolt it to the curved neck manifold. its also different from the one on the k8. the one on the k8 doesn't have those 2 sensor connector things attached to it. the one on the straight neck has a hose coming off of it and the 2 connectors attached. if you guys cant figure it out. Ill get pics. thanks

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”