K834 ecu in a 93 gs?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

K834 ecu in a 93 gs?

Post by Gods Father »

ok ive been running my car the past few weeks with a k801 probinator ecu and hav been getting just about 6mpg and a CEL that would flash or go away at all...the car wouldnt start without starter fluid...so i bought a k834 (mind you my cars a 93 which means this ecu doesnt belong) and now its running fine still gotta check the mpg but it started right up idles low...revs out nicely...and no CEL except for the hidden ones which show codes 28 and 29 (both EGR related) so should i keep running with it? i thought it wouldnt work? should i probinator chip it? i dont understand how this is happening haha any ideas?

ps if i rev all the way out every so often it will just die out on me (messed with the throttle screw but still not really doin much ill mess with it some more) thanks guys
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”