BAD: mpg, idle, startup AND CEL?!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

BAD: mpg, idle, startup AND CEL?!

Post by Gods Father »

ok once again i have many problems to fix...im running a straight neck KLZE with a chipped K801 ecu...right now the CEL is on and jumpin GND to TEN isnt working for me...CEL doesnt flash or anything(can someone explain why thats happening?)...im getting about 6 MPG and i need to (this is the worst...you ready) spray starter fluid into my intake on every startup unless cars still warmed up...i cant get a smooth idle anywhere under abou 13-1500rpm...it was running at about 2mpg until i realized i didnt have the fuel pressure solenoid hooked up but still only getting 6mpg...plus it was overheating bad for a while till i realized my thermostat was futzed...so im thinking a mixture of running REALLY rich and REALLY hot may have messed up my 02 sensor?...its either that or im thinking VAF? or my ECU? i dont know...as far as i know all my vacuum lines are hooked up now and all my wirings correct (except the little sensor on the transmission near the bottom thats for my backup light i guess)...anything i should check or try to do?...thanks guys
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
Nd4SpdSe

Re: BAD: mpg, idle, startup AND CEL?!

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Do you have another ECU you can swap with? Maybe you're chipped one is bad considering you can't pull codes...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

no i dont...im thinkin about buying one...say i have one and its not chipped would i still be able to run it and everything fine? like i know for optimum performance i should get the probinator put in...but im sayin will it still be runnable with just a stock k801?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Yep, it'll run very rich and not very fuel efficient, but everything should work, giving you only a CEL for the EGR, if you don't have it hooked up, but it would be a good starting point for diagnostics.

Wait, you're running a chipped K8 ECU, but it's NOT a probinator?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

no its a probinatored k8 ecu...how rich is very rich?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”