Quick question

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mccabe

Quick question

Post by mccabe »

ok so my cars not starting but i had oil in 2 of my 6 spark plug holes and i cleaned them out and was told to change the gasket so i am tomorrow i have to get a tourqe wrench but would that have stop my car from starting i have done a a hei mod already so i know its not that. any other ideas maybe ill post tomorrow if it dont work
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
cashmoneyspeed

Re: Quick question

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume it's the rear valve cover gasket that's leaking since that's usually the one to go. Oil fouled plugs can definatley keep the car from starting. I would take them all out, clean any oil off them and inspect them when you have the valve cover off. Did you check to make sure you're getting spark at the plugs?
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09
mccabe

Post by mccabe »

well it was the front gasket that went and it was oil in two of the three holes and yes i did check for power at the plug with a multi meader and there is power just i wont fir so i have pulled the plugs and let it drain ill clean them out before i put the cover on. my bad for missing that important info
92 mx-3 gs,klde,spec stage II+ clutch,awr 88mounts, remaned axles,CAI,seven nipple ditsy, new alpine speakers,panasonic 7'' dvd deck ,10'' kicker l5, hei mod, removed air box. 17 sortmaxs 10 spoke white nexan n700 tires
now wrote off with a watermelon sized dent in the driver side quater panel

93 mx-3 gs black klze fully loaded
cashmoneyspeed

Post by cashmoneyspeed »

A multimeter to check spark?? I meant is there a strong blue spark from the spark plug with it pulled out of the cylinder head but still connected to the plug wire while someone is cranking the car. Either way, yeah clean the plugs up and go from there. When my rear cover started leaking, it did the same thing to the #5 plug hole and the car was misfiring pretty bad because of it. If 2 plugs are covered in oil, it could definatley cause a no start situation.
SOLD - 93 GS Custom intake, exhaust, phenolic spacers, port matching, front upper strut bar, 17" wheels, dragon body graphics, black/white interior, sound system, tints, altezza tails & 3rd brake altezza, g-force front

'94 Caprice - rolling fast and low on 20's along with some custom goodies

'86 Regal - Hydraulics, custom wheels, custom paint, shaved, phantom top, leather, power, and lots of chrome

'92 - New import project in the works, should be out in '09

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”