Clutch light and will not allow me to shift gears

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mazdaspeed96743

Clutch light and will not allow me to shift gears

Post by Mazdaspeed96743 »

Okay I was fooling around with my car today. I decided to put grease inside on the pivot pin by the clutch realese fork for the clutch since my clutch pedal squeals and squeaks when I depress it. And then suddenly my clutch pedal does not engage at all. The pedal is so light and I can't shift into any gear =( please help. What do I do now to fix this?
2fazed
Supporting Member

Re: Clutch light and will not allow me to shift gears

Post by 2fazed »

Did you somehow move the clutch slave off the fork? If it's still on, maybe the fork moved and got unattached inside the tranny.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Mazdaspeed96743

Yeah the slave cylinder can move back and fourth easily and I can bend the pusher thing up. Is this just a bad slave cylinder?
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

By pressing on the clutch, if your able to move the slave cylinder back and forth, it's good. Go over and move the fork. If it's very loose, it came unattached inside the tranny.
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Mazdaspeed96743

The fork is fine.. Hardly any play. But the slave cylinder's push rod is extended open instead of being closed. Maybe perhaps I can try bleeding the clutch? Maybe I disrupted the cylinder and let air enter the cylinder. I don't know.. what you think?
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

A new slave cylinder is pretty cheap. Might be a good idea to replace yours and bleed it. It's a common problem that everyone has sometimes in their Mx-3's. I've replaced probably 3 on one Mx-3 and a couple on another. It's pretty easy to get a bubble in the line, either by loose bleeding screw, etc. Good luck, I think your close to fixing your problem.
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Mazdaspeed96743

YAHOO!!! I fixed it. All I did is bleed the clutch and the clutch pedal became hard and could disengage the clutch. My car finally moves.. Drove it around the block a couple of times to make sure it is good but im not gonna drive it to work or something until I replace the slave. There was all fluid leaking under the dust boot so im not sure how long the pressure is going to hold up for. Siiigh.. im just glad I was in my driveway and not like 40 miles from home where I go school or something like that. And im glad I still have my other car that im trying to sell too. Well anyway thanks alot for your time and patients 2fazed. Much help to diagnos the problem. happy holidays!.. misson complete.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”