Code 69, May be a nice number but its buggin me!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
94mx3precidia

Re: Code 69, May be a nice number but its buggin me!

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Ya but i have a 94 harness and a 94 motor but the ecu is a 93 so i cant put the extra sensor in the harness without swapping it.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
dclxvi

Post by dclxvi »

I'm having the same problem with my 94 harness, kl31 ecu, and 95 ZE combo. Has anyone successfully spliced in a second plug and plugged it into the ECU? Also would this combo cause me to run in limp mode? :?
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Interesting....

I have the fan problem when the engine is warm.

Here's the deal: I have a 1995 MX3, it had only 1 coolant sensor. My KLZE engine had two coolant sensors on it. I used my K8 ECU and the fans did not come on, they worked normally.

I found a KL28 MX-6 ECU and got it chipped with a KLZE eprom (hoping to keep my stock ECU). Now I tested the KLDE KL28 ecu to begin with and the fan problem was there. Once it was chipped, the problem remained!

The guy who chipped it set up another plug, put it into the correct ECU pin and wired it up correctly... but the problem still exists even though I have all the sensors connected.

We are now chipping my stock K8 ecu to see if that will work ok.

EDIT: Recently got the fan problem to go away. Not sure if it will come back though. One of my pins on the ECU might not have been very clean and the wire we hooked up might not have connected because of it. After messing around with the ECU it has started working. Fans come on and off normally. However, it seems you may require 1993 ECU and then add a wire in, which is not the most ideal situation for people with 1994-5 engines that have 1 sensor and a 1994-5 ECU.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”