Hello! New member from London

This section is for NEW members to introduce themselves.
JPv6

Hello! New member from London

Post by JPv6 »

Hey everyone. I've checked out these forums a lot as a guest, finally decided to join.

This place rocks for all the questions I've had about my car. I just learned today there is a cold air intake for the v6.

I have a blue MX3 GS, 1993, 135k or so on the body. This is my first car so I was a total n00b taking care of it. I had to replace the engine after letting the oil run dry. New engine should have less than 100K on it. Now it's my baby :)

Anyway I hope to speak to all the regulars on here, and hopefully get some support when I need it. I've taken an interest in repairing my own car. I've already replaced the rear struts and springs and hope to locate the cause of my check engine light soon. ( I saw a post here about a paperclip and the CEL, will try that soon as I'm home from work).
93 GS Laguna Blue. JDM K8 engine.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Re: Hello! New member from London

Post by fowljesse »

Welcome!
How long do you suppose the car lasted without oil?
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

My Faj once ran a brand new Ford (Festiva?) off the lot without oil... not sure how he managed it, but it made it less than 15km before the pistons fused to the block. I'm not sure how he manged a lot of things, actually...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
JPv6

Post by JPv6 »

About 20 km. The oil light started flashing when stopping or accelerating, not sure which. Drove it 10-15km like that. Next day it was on solid. My friend drove me to work cause he needed to borrow it. That was about 5 km. He revved the &!#$ out of it before taking off, drove 10 km to his work. Car stalled on the way, that engine never started again.
*edit*. He told me the light meant it was getting low and should be topped up soon. He told me he dumped a quart into it on his way to work, stalled after that. Damage was done before oil was added. Moral of the story, if your friend is not a mechanic take advice with a grain of salt.
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator

Post by Mooneggs »

welcome! haha I thought you meant London, UK and was going to refer you to uk-mx3.com haha :oops:
Ryan

Post by Ryan »

There's a Paris in Mexico too :)

We have lots of european city names...
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
JPv6

Post by JPv6 »

There's a Paris in Ontario too. Here is a pic of my car. I've tinted my windows since this pic.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

I want to lick it.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
JPv6

Post by JPv6 »

I was surprised how nice the paint looked when I got it, and with such low kms. I suspect this was someone's summer driver and it spent a lot of time in a garage. There are a few rust spots that need to be dealt with.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Beautiful car! I love that color!!!
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
boosted_bullet

Post by boosted_bullet »

welcome! i also luv that color!
pretty rare color for oem...
chicks dig the rice!

-bullet
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooo
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

welcome...n congrats on keepin that gs lip intact :lol:
ImageImageImageImage
JPv6

Post by JPv6 »

Thanks all for the welcome. (I found it funny that I got many more replies after posting hot nudes of my car!)

So I tried that trick, shorting TEN and GND on the diagnostic box. I got a 16 and a 17. From David Coleman's handy post that quoted "Mike P's site" it looks like:

16 Exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system
17 LHO2S inversion error

Now I should probably check my repair manual to see if different years have different codes, but that goes along with my suspicions. I'm only getting 275-300km off a full tank, occasional power hesitation when I give it some gas, check engine light at highway speeds. Sound like I'm onto something? Should I start a new thread about this? I found a thread last night about one of the members on here cleaning some nasty gunk out of the EGR valve.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Would be a good idea, however one of your codes is a bad o2 sensor...a bad o2 sensor can have a HUGE impact on how efficient your car runs, and could actually be the cause of the gunk in the EGR

I would hightly recommed making a new thread in the V6 section about your problems...you should get much better milleage than that, but it all comes down to a healthy motor running efficiently.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project

Return to “Introduction Forum”