Really Confussed now....

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
94mx3precidia

Really Confussed now....

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Okay, so im totally confussed on this coolant temp sensor business. Now i had a kl31 ecu in my car so the rad fan was constantly on. I recently got a probiantor chip put it into my k8 ecu and the rad fan is still constantly on. Now before i chipped my k8 ecu i switched the ecu's and the rad fans were not constanly on.

My questions are, How many temp sensors does the k8 have stock?
How many temp sensors does a klze have stock?

Currently right now i have 2 sensors on my filler neck. both are plugged in and seem to be working.

I just dont know what to do to turn the fan off, both sensors are conencted and both wiring harnesses look good. I checked the resistance of the sensors while my car was hot and they seemed fine as well.

Im sick of having my car running in limp mode, its pissing me off. So some help would be very useful right about now. I know ive talked about this before but im at the point where im so confueed i dont know what to look for.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
MX3ak

Re: Really Confussed now....

Post by MX3ak »

I don't know for sure either but my guess is -> DIFERENT ARNESSES on diferent ECU's.

1995 Workshop Manual: Gray plug measures engine temp for Fuel and Emissions System
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F2-152.gif
While the other plug (Green) is for the Fans
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... E2-014.gif

1992 Workshop Manual: Green plug measures engine temp for Fuel and Emissions System
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... F2-153.gif
While the other plug (it can only be the Black) is for the Fans
http://www.mx-3.com/manuals/showimg.php ... E2-014.gif" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by MX3ak on August 23rd, 2008, 8:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
tmac4t4

Post by tmac4t4 »

it probably wont solve your limp mode problem, but you could always run the fan to a auxillary toggle switch..at least then you can control when its off/on :shrug:
ImageImageImageImage
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

there are 3 if i am correct.

on that reads the temperature of the coolant and sends it back to the ecu ( green one)

there is one on the fillerneck above the belts that controls the fan (black one)

and there is one small one, also on the fillerneck ( not a big plug but small connector, like on a stereo speaker)

i recently have the same problem with the black connector on top of the fillerneck (fan going on) but it doenst have any influence on the running mode of the ecu, it only constantly get the fan running.

make sure that you have the right sensor, green and black sensor share alsmost the same socket, and would fit in the harnass connector either way
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Where is the green sensor located? i only see two on my filler neck. one is black and the other is a small one with a butt and blade connector.
1994 MX-3 GS KLZE, Probinator, Bully stage 1 (probe GT), B&M Short Shifter, 2 1/4" Custom headders back.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

In 94 they did away with the sensor on the filler neck so you'l only have one.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
94mx3precidia

Post by 94mx3precidia »

Daninski wrote: In 94 they did away with the sensor on the filler neck so you'l only have one.
thats what i mean, im confussed now cuz i have 2. i never looked at my k8 filler neck hard enough to see how many sensors there were on it so i dont know if they switch my k8 filler neck with the ze filler neck when i had my engine swapped so i have no clue where to start. currently as of right now i have 2 sensors, one black and one is a single blade type.

Do i have to switch the black temp sensor with a green one in order for the right signal to go to my ecu??
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

Daninski wrote:In 94 they did away with the sensor on the filler neck so you'l only have one.
There must be some misunderstood. Have u check workshop manuals? Both say there are 2 sensors (green and black) besides the gauge temp sender of course.

Now if u compare K8 with KL, then I agree they have left one sensor away on the KL.

When I'll get my KL, the first thing I'll try will be this:

:!: Swap the green plug by the black plug and install a black plug sensor where was a green plug (C) Copyright 2008 MX3ak :lol:
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

You figured this out yet? I am having the same problem. My fans come on and stay on. The guy who did my chip even routed a couple wires and hooked it all up so I have three sensors. They still come on though. They did not do this on the K8 ECU.

To make my problem clear:

My K8 had only two sensors (one small one and one fat one)

My ZE has 3 (one small one and two bigger ones)

When running the ZE, My K8 ECU did not make the fans come on all the time, my ZE ECU makes the fans stay on ONCE IT IS WARM. At first they do not come on....
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Hey hold on, did you just say someone chipped your KL31 ECU?????
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

I got a KL28 chipped
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”