axles sizes?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Gods Father

axles sizes?

Post by Gods Father »

quick question:

which axle is longer? the passenger side or the drivers side? because i put the smaller one on the pass. side and it seemed to fit and the drivers side didnt so i ordered another drivers side and it was the same axle i put on the passenger side. so i dont know whats goin on...not to mention both the axle i put on and the axle i ordered have an extra looking set of splines that run around the outside of the axle like touching the hub...

thanks guys
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...
mx3autozam

Re: axles sizes?

Post by mx3autozam »

well the passenger side has a intermediate shaft and it will ONLY fit in the passenger side.
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
MAZDA SPEED MX-3

Post by MAZDA SPEED MX-3 »

and i believe the spline your talking about is for the ABS.
Gods Father

Post by Gods Father »

yea thats what i thought after reading through some of the posts...but as i read i believe you can use those whether you have abs or not right?
1993 MX-3 w/ straight neck KLZE swap...Probe GT 2.5in headers, Custom exhaust w/ test pipe and OBX Twin Loop Tip, Bully Stage 3 Clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, Pheno Spacers, HEI mod, Blaster SS coil, Probinator chip, TWM short shifter, AWR front and rear mounts (88 Durometer), and Corksport braided clutch line...so far

Ever see the lone rider of the night? Well he'll find you and then you'll never him again...

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”