Dragyn Vyrus's 93 ZE-T *update May 25th, the build plan*

In this section, Users can post worklogs for their vehicle and show users their projects. (MX-3 ONLY!). Please create only ONE topic when starting a project, and DO NOT create 2 worklogs for the same vehicle, even though they are different projects. READ THE STICKY!
mx3autozam

Re: Dragyn Vyrus's 93 ZE-GS *update September 3st*

Post by mx3autozam »

Whatd did it run at the track. I see you are using stock manifolds. What about the exhaust piping. Do you plan on getting headers and exhaust done soon.

and regarding the throtle body. You can use th KL31 which is 60mm and will make a difference. All you need to do is swap the cable linkeage stuff from the K8 so you have the the clearance for the brake master cylinder. Also i nrecomend some 95durometer solid mounts from AWR. I have seen a few straight necks in mx3's and there just scary because how close they are. the AWR mounts will help alot. Car looks great man. Keep it up!
93 Mazda MX3 KLZE Turbo
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

well, i ran 1 16.601, positive that i can do better though. i need a warm up run to get into the mood of it all, sadley i only could get one run down becuase of weather and technical problems. I'll be going again within the next week or two hopefully.
As for the exhaust i have a custom 2.25 cat back on it right now, ordering the headers after i get my ZX2's and springs installed and everything. i really want to use the ze throttle body but i have no idea how to swap over the linkage and all that, and theres also some lines that are different that i would have to figure out too right? How much do those mounts cost? it is pretty scary in there, not much room for error between the master cylinder and the throttle body... Thanks for the input!
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
95 MX-3 RS - Bone stock winter car.
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

This thing is almost up to my high standards...

a couple weeks ago i went out and got the struts, nothing special just oem replacement ones, however i did manage to order up some H&R sport springs which will lower it a bit too and give it a stiffer ride as well. Just waiting for those to arrive so that i can go and pick them up... hopefully that time comes soon.
Also finally did my ignition, well kinda, got new iridium plugs, distributer cap, and rotor, everything worked out great until it came to the rotor. tried a 93 one and a 94 one neither of them fit... so i don't know what kind of distributer was put on the K8 but im pretty sure that it wasn't the stock one... so now i have to figure out what one was put on... wonderful. Post up soon, if anyone has any ideas to what it might be let me know.
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
92 JDM turbo MR2 - SSQV, Cusco strut tower bar, ATS intercooler kit, Berk Exhuast, HKS EVC-S
projectzemx3

Re: Dragyn Vyrus's 93 ZE-GS *update october 7th*

Post by projectzemx3 »

is the ze TB bigger then the k8? when you put your car under a heavy load the motor doesnt shift back and smack the brake master cylinder? is hard to tell but judging by the amount of dust on your brake booster you have not touched it. i have a mx6 booster ready to fit with a straight neck, and if that is a stock booster then i should have like a cm more room atleast.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

yea the ze throttle body is slightly larger in bore and all together i do believe, you just really have to watch out with the linkage that's where my real problem came in... Yea i hadn't touched the brake booster really except for the ground down bit on the bolt, i don't think that that engine bad had ever been cleaned... ever... in the more recent pictures that i took you can see that i cleaned it up quite a bit. And no i haven't had any problems at all yet actually, and i don't drive like a grandma either, i push it hard a fair amount (i however do NOT bag it). its been pretty good to me so far, just replaced one ground, and added another today, still am adding more however it just got really dark out and i wasn't able to continue working on it any longer. but that made a fair difference in it i think, considering that there was practically nothing even there to ground it in the first place, or not much that i could see anyway... I'll finish that up tomorrow and put some pics up of what i had gone and done haha.

And on top of all that i found out today that the k8 distributer wasn't even put in, I'm not even sure what one is in there right now! but its not the K8 so I'm going to have to find out now what kind of rotor i need... the hunt begins!
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
poppsy

Post by poppsy »

Hello!

I need some help.
I have switched to klze engine in my mx3 and has set up a probinatorchip in the steering box. But it is uneven under 2000rpm and can not decide if Idling should be low or high, it goes up and down. My Co value rised when we switched to klze engine, it did so at yours? have you had any problems after you changed the engine?
Switched to the mx6 Air Flow Meter or use it from 1.8 liter v6?
How many degrees did you put the ignition on?
Sorry that my english is bad 8)
Mvh Elin / sweden
Mazda Mx3 KLZE 2,5 L v6. Probinator chip, Exhaust.

http://www.garaget.org/?car=60659
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

Not exactly sure what your getting at but i'll do my best.

It sounds kinda like what mine was like after i did the swap WITHOUT the chip. It would idle fairly high and then( mostly when i applied the brake) it fluttered up and down by about 1000 RPMS. As soon as the Chip went in my RPMS stayed solid right around the little line on the RPM gauge not sure exactly what number that is, but its pretty low. Not sure about the Co value or what that is exactly :P. I used the JE50 VAF from the 1.8 you have to use that one and NOT the MX6 VAF( Air flow meter). Not sure about the ignition because i didn't do that myself.

Thats about all that i can help for you, hope it goes somewhere. Id probably bring it to a mechanic.
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

Not much has been done to my baby until just recently. my CV boot was torn and one day on a cruise my cv caught and decided that it would be a good idea to buy another CV shaft, and at the same time put in the struts that i have been procrastinating putting in since September. CV went in good aside from some minor part screw ups, its the struts that gave me hell. pulled them all out and both the front and back springs on the passenger side were snapped. the rear was so bad that i could actually move the spring parts over top of each other. after a trip to pick-n-pull i had new springs, although they are RS springs because they had no GS's and i needed! springs, oh well.
I then decided that i should find away to put the ZE throttle body on and have all my power. turns out that isn't as easy as i wanted it to. i found a way to put the K8 linkage onto the ZE TB but when i went to put it on the linkage was hitting the brake booster vac line. after a very large amount of dicking around, it went it. but now i have some new issues. in first gear, and only in first, if i tap the gas pedal while accelerating from a stop the pedal takes control and just keeps going even with my foot off it. it will stop when the clutch is pressed in however. also when it does take over and I'm i go to floor it, it wont let me. It is as if something is holding the pedal back physically. over the course of a day or so, the pedal now seems to stick after shifting and giving it gas. i have no idea what this is but there are a few suggestions i have gotten. going to try and fix it today, and hopefully find a substance locally that i can use for my engine mounts because apparently no one has heard of the 3m window weld, and the polyurethane i have in there right now is taking much much to long to dry and I'm a very impatient person.
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
Dragyn Vyrus

Re: Dragyn Vyrus's 93 ZE-GS *update March 29th*

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

heres the latest update!!
I mannaged to fix most of the throttle body issues, but its still cutting it extremely close to the master brake cylinder.
On another note, i was going to pick up a GTR or GTS-T but that didnt really pan out, so now I'm going to continue with what i had first planned for her. and for that project i got some mail today :)
she's gonna be epic!
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
Dragyn Vyrus

Re: Dragyn Vyrus's 93 ZE-GS *update May 1st*

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

Until i can get some better pictures up, heres the whole lot that i got. took the pic on my cellphone.
best 2900 i have ever spent :D
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
Talon_66

Re: Dragyn Vyrus's 93 ZE-T *update May 7th, pics*

Post by Talon_66 »

Looks good!
I can't wait to see this thing in action.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
johnmx3ze

Post by johnmx3ze »

looks pretty cool!!! keep it up
mx-3, KL turbo (tooo much to list) yeah its boosted!
worklog====> http://mx-3.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=67582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cardomain==> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3869504/1 ... awks-on-ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

that's a fine collection of parts :) Looking forward to seeing them in motion! You running ebay hot pipes?
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

yea probley just ebay hot pipes or try to find some hot pipes more locally.
still LOTS of things to get. This build is going to take a while, Grade A parts cost alot.... but when its done, she's going to rip!!
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold
Dragyn Vyrus

Post by Dragyn Vyrus »

Alright well i thought it is about time that i post up what i actually intend to do with the MX3. And seeing as though i have nothing better to do right now, why not lol

When it is finished i hope to have a ZE-T AWD MX3. The hardest and most expensive part of this is going to be the AWD tranny. I believe that it almost needed with what I want to put into the car, and how much power it may be putting down. As well, why not. It hasn't been done too often, never mind on a ZE or ZE-T. I have no idea how much power it will be putting down to the ground but i would imagine a substantial amount. The engine will be Fully built, as far as you can possibly go, and maybe even somethings never even thought of or done. The parts are going to be as high of quality as possible, full out brand names. This shows in what i have right now, the Garrett GT-30, HKS SSQV, GReddy intercooler, Walbro 255 fuel pump. I'm going all out on car. Well actually, thats where the second part of this comes into play. Once all the parts are assembled for the Turbo kit they will be put in and I will run it like that until i have the parts for the engine/tranny build. At said time I will be purchasing Another MX3, most likely JDM(for the most part simply because i fear the brake booster and the Throttle body hitting each other under high boost with the result of my death). Take the engine out of the new rust free perfect condition body and swap it into the MX3 i have now and use that as a DD/ winter car.

I am going to keep the ZE an actual ZE and not lower the compression killing of part of what makes it, well a ZE. But i intend to run around 15-20PSI and if the compression MUST be lowered then it will, but i would much rather keep it high.

As for the engine build i haven't gone too much into detail because i am no where even near the point of doing it, but i have dabbled a little bit, i have found a full bottom end forged rebuild would be around 2500-3000. whether or not this is the best option for this particular application or not will be discussed with the person guiding, and steering me the right way through all this. The top end, i haven't even dove into because i know thats going to be right up there with the highest costing things.

As of right now i have a custom 500WHP rated Cluchmasters clutch on the way soon to be followed by the Fidanza lightweight flywheel. Then onto Axles, intercooler piping, turbo pipes, wastegate, MSD injectors, AFPR, MSD ignition, fuel controller(a few good options, HKS, apexi i believe is another really good one i was told to use), Gauges, Stiffer motor mounts(MS?). I think thats it... for the parts i need to get me boosted....

This build will be anything but cheap, be she will be top top notch, unique, and of course absurdly fast!!!

OH i almost forgot, there may have to be some frame re-enforcement done also....
93 MX-3 ZE-GS - Sold

Return to “MX-3 Worklogs”