Honda

Off-Topic Discussions
tehbrookzorz

Re: Honda

Post by tehbrookzorz »

wytbishop wrote:...but I would rather ride something with character and flair and not blend in with a crowd of CBR owners.
You have to admit the CBR crowd tends to show a little more intelligence than the Civic crowd.
Cody
Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

Ryan wrote: What are your opinions on the cars alone? The drivers? In general?
I don't have anything against the cars - most are well built and last a long time. I just feel there are too many of them.

I don't really have anything against the drivers since everyone should be free to choose the car they want to drive that best suits their personality.

I myself prefer to be unique and not get lost in the crowd - therefore I drive an mx-3 8)
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

cjthor wrote:
wytbishop wrote:Simply put, Honda produces the best made vehicles in the world. quote]
Lol thats your opinion yes?
I accept it as axiomatic.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Steve J-SPEC

Post by Steve J-SPEC »

tehbrookzorz wrote:
wytbishop wrote:...but I would rather ride something with character and flair and not blend in with a crowd of CBR owners.
You have to admit the CBR crowd tends to show a little more intelligence than the Civic crowd.
Thank you...I would have to agree. I ride a CBR 600 F4i and find it to be the best of both worlds...Fast and looks great. 0 maintenance and would beat anything around where I'm from other than other sport bikes. As for the cars, I'd take my MX over any hon or Teg. Like everyone else, if they're 1$ a dozen, I'll take something different, and in my opinion better. It's kind of like GSX-R's Ninja's and Honda's...everyone thinks theirs is the best. To be honest, they're all good for different reasons. It all depends on whether you want to be one OF the crowd or the ONE in the crowd.
'94 GS 5 speed-JDM K8, headers/custom exhaust, CAI, Tokico struts, Eibach Pro Kit, Moog strut mounts, custom solid engine mounts...
'96 GS 5 Speed air filter, KYB's
'94 GS 5 Speed OEM
wytbishop

Post by wytbishop »

tehbrookzorz wrote:
Oh absolutely. And like SuperK said, its not the car it's the arrogance of the ownership. Much like Corvette owners. I used to work in a resto shop and I never met a Vette guy I liked. I love the car but I could never own one for the stigma.

My second bike would be a CBR1K...fo sho.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

Stigmata... in my eye!
Cody
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

I don't know why a lot of the mx3 community hate Hondas. Yes they have low TQ ratings but you have to take into account the weight of the cars they're in. Type R, B18C5=190HP 1.8L; thats over 105HP per liter, NA!!!!! I have not seen 100hp+ per liter from any other affordable NA engine. I have seen a lot of RICED out Honda's, but I have also seen a lot of RICED out Mazda's including MX3's. I plan on getting an EG Civic Hatchback as my weekday driver and use my MX3 as my weekend driver. Who says you can't appreciate both makes?! Gas is killing me, 20mpg on 93/92 octane sucks balls!!!!
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

It's not even Honda owners, in general. It's a small percentage of them. The thing is; if you get 10,000 kids into a "group", a good percent are going to be douchebags, and they'll stick in your mind. They just happen to be honda boys because that's what they can afford. Where I went to high school (Scottsdale), there were PLENTY of douchebags in Porches, Mercedes, Ferraris, etc. They were worse, actually, because they actually had something to brag about, and did. Movies like "16 candles" were right on the money.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Civics are good reliable cars for what they are, civic meanig of the civic.. it was meant to be a cxruising get to work and back car.

These kids thinks its as fast as a lambo or something...

Its the DRIVERS, not all but most.

I LOVE

i really LOVE smashing on type s and s2000 with my turbo ze.

I LOVE IT..

also mustang drivers got the same ego .
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

For alot of Honda owners it IS the fastest thing they've owned, and maybe the fastest they've driven. A matter of ignorance, and really wanting to believe they have something.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Ipods and hondas, what ya gonna do?
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
MazdaRider

Post by MazdaRider »

my friend had a mustang an I smoked him Too
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

Oh, you smoke?

I don't understand smoking, to be honest. I mean, if you enjoy smelling like arse, throwing money away daily and depending on a stick to function during the day, by all means.

But I'll pass on smoking. It's for some people, not for me.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
2RotorsNaDream
Supporting Member

Post by 2RotorsNaDream »

Great cars. Reliable, look good, great on gas, handle well for what they are (Type Rs and Mugen models handle excellent), and many models make over 100HP per liter N/A. Yes you have alot of ricers but there all also many fast Hondas, around my way there are a number of 9 and 10 second street Hondas and many others are in the low 12s and high 11s. And watch out for K swapped EGs and EKs, theyre monsters even when all motor.
Image1993 Mazda RX-7 Touring Edition Innocent Blue Mica- Not stock...
1993 Teal MX-3 GS- KLZE and other goodies. RIP
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Interesting thread..

But I would like to ad my $.02

I am on a few Honda forums.. I go there because I somewhat like the style, stance, motor and new ideas that SOME cars there have. Not to mention their crazy engine builds and abundance of parts available to them to basically do endless things (Jealous!) 8)

But there are a few things that bother me that have prevented me from buying a honda back when I was looking for my 2nd MX:

1. Copy cat styles - I am a ghost on alot of these forums as I don't own a civic so I don't post at all, I look for deals on rims and whatnot and check out build threads. But from what I have noticed, everyone wants to have their civic look like some sort of "JDM" or "Crazy Stance" style and if you stray from this realm, you will be ridiculed and made fun of.. It is ridiculous.. and I feel bad for the guy who posts up their car and cant afford a set of uber-rare 14" Mugen bottlecap rims or their 5 lug conversion with ITR rims and some Rays lightweight lugnuts, they get by with what they can and the other "JDM" or "Stance styled" guys will make fun. Here is a picture of the typical "Type R", "ADVAN" or similar style that I see trying to be replicated here on the West coast over and over. Case and point, if you don't have this, then you are gay and your thread was a waste of time and I am left feeling bad for the guy even attempting to modify his car:

Not that any of these cars suck, they are HELLA nice, but getting sooooooo played out. Its basically a benchmark for "Awesome" and if you dont have this style, you SUCK.

2. Sound - I would say that almost 90% of Honda's sound like a--. I swear, there is nothing you can do to make those coups and those sedans sound good unless you have a 4 foot resonator. There are exceptions, that would be the NSX, and motor with ITB's or turbo's sometimes sound good, but for the average b or d series owner... Keep the stock exhaust and get a intake. Sounds good :)

3. a--hole attitudes - Man, you should see the smack talking on those forums, those guys are e-thugs and they are so strange.. Revscene.net is a local Vancouver forum that I frequent to buy cool parts. However, that site is the WORST site I have ever been on, they are racist, condescending and just plain rude. I am scared to make a post because some guy is going to make fun of me just to make himself look better to everyone else and bring up his "Forum Rep" like that makes him tough in real life. Its pretty bad and its not inviting for anyone to enter those forums that does not like to be involved in borderline gruesome and gang/racist related topics. Case in point, just because some of these guys own a Honda that has some rare parts and they have some type of quirky attitude whether they be Asian, Indian or white (in my area) that doesn't mean they can go e-thug the entire community and make the forums a crappy place to be.

In conclusion, all I have to say is that mx3.com is a godsend for me to go to as the people here are nice and we accept any type of idea or modification (for the most part) with open arms and that is why we have such a diverse community, not a tainted, style/money oriented community that I see in the Honda world these days where everyone is concerned that everyones cars look the same + or - a few changes.

Rant over :rant2:

- solo

Return to “Off-Topic”