Guess the milage of this K series V6 engine

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
RX8SE3P

Re: Guess the milage of this K series V6 engine

Post by RX8SE3P »

Well here's the answer:

Around 140,000 miles. 232,000kms.

It's my K8. Is coming out for my ZE. I wonder what you guys would think my ZE had done lol. It looked darker. Top of the valve cover on the ZE was better than the K8 though. I also noticed my ZE had no trouble when I took the valve cover off. K8 was a b---- to get the screws out and pop it off. Gasket was pretty caked.
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog
solo_ryder

Post by solo_ryder »

Ha so I was in the right range.. cool beans
RX8SE3P

Post by RX8SE3P »

Well you gave a fairly large range there lol. 225-300 :P Most other ppl were way off.... 350,000kms etc surely it'd look way worse than that!

Now I only had my K8 for about 20,000kms and changed the oil a good 4 times in that period with high quality stuff, also used a oil flush product too once.

I wonder though, is it possible to have a lower km engine that has had really crap oil and less changes, look worse than a high mileage engine, just because the high mileage engine had more changes and better oil? I think our K series engines are prone to sludge if they are only serviced every 10,000 with cheap mineral oil. I've seen a couple KLDE engines with less kms but looking through the oil cap they have sludge galore.. just black lol. However they have service records showing oil changes every 10,000...

Anyone else with pics of inside there valve cover feel free to post here and let the guessing game continue!
1995 Eunos 30x KLZE
Worklog

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”