Mazdaspeed front-bumper

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
MX-3-Tom

Mazdaspeed front-bumper

Post by MX-3-Tom »

Hi!

I am interested in a Mazdaspeed front-bumper (the one on the top of this side).
But how deep is this bumper?
Maybe you have got a picture where I can compare the Mazdaspeed front-bumper and the OEM-front-bumper with spoiler-lip which I have mountet (see my signature).

Thanks! :)
http://www.mx-3-tom.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mx-3-community.de" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

SWAP COMPLETE: B6 DOHC (16V) --> KL-ZE (24V)
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Mazdaspeed front-bumper

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

it's pretty much the same as the oem.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Deeper? Well, I measured and it's 1" shorter than my old GS bumper with lip, so if you're lowered, you get 1" more ground clearance with the MS bumper than the GS bumper with lip.

Here's a good pic: :)

1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MX-3-Tom

Post by MX-3-Tom »

GREAT! :D

Thank you for the picture.
That's I searched for! :)

But 1" more clearance to the ground? That's not good in my opinion. The styling of the Mazdaspeed is great, but it is too high.... :(
But there is no spoiler-lip for the Mazdaspeed-front-bumper?
So I have to look for a custom-made lip.... :(

Mooneggs
Forum Moderator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Mooneggs »

MX-3-Tom wrote:But 1" more clearance to the ground? That's not good in my opinion. The styling of the Mazdaspeed is great, but it is too high.... :(
you could lower the mx-3 even further but then you would sacrifice ride comfort :shrug:
MX-3-Tom

Post by MX-3-Tom »

My MX-3 is already lowered about 45/45mm.

But the OEM-front-bumper is higher than my sideskirts. :(
I hoped, the Mazdaspeed-front-bumper is lower than the OEM-front-bumper. :(

RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

That fact that it is higher up than most is why I like it. You've got room to put in an intercooler, you don't look like a snow plow and you are able to get up in your driveway with out a 80degree angle.
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

buy the ms bumper and do the homedepot lip, if you don't like the homedepot lip well then you just wasted like 8 bucks lol
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
turbulence23

Post by turbulence23 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:That fact that it is higher up than most is why I like it. You've got room to put in an intercooler, you don't look like a snow plow and you are able to get up in your driveway with out a 80degree angle.
true!

thats also why i went for the MS front.. have the k-sport adjustable lowering kit, and will lower it to about 5-6 cm and then with any other front end you will have to get over speedbumps at 5km/h just making sure u dont damage the front, thats why the MS is a good alternative.

plus it looks way better then the oem imho
2.5L KLZE engine, CF hood, Postert frontbumper, kmax skirts, custom diffusor..

MY RIDE:
http://www.mazdamx-3.nl/members/member_show.php?id=102
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Ya, if you want to slam your Mx-3 and make it into a low rider, the MazdaSpeed bumper isn't what you need. It's designed for looks, function and to flow with the lines of the car, as well as the OEM side skirts. I like it as well cause I never have to worry about hitting my bumper on anything, I can just drive normal. There are extreme circumstances, like steep driveways or flat bed tow trucks, but even then, it just scrapes along gently. I finally cracked it a bit on the back side in front of the passenger tires from the U-Haul dolly. Thanks to that bumper it was just able to fit with a few tricks, but it must of hit buncing up and down on the road. It's pretty chipped up from the many miles of driving, so I think it's time to get Oscar to make me a CF MS bumper ;)

If you want to make it lower, search for the home depot lip that Mnemonic mentioned, or you can also get a carbon fiber splitter, and maybe even add some canards
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
projectzemx3

Post by projectzemx3 »

i like just the mazdaspeed bumper a lot. its clean but gives it that edge. but i hear the fibre glass ones are weak? has anybody had problems with theirs. my friend's is pretty mangled and he said it cracked from wind pressure.
Nd4SpdSe wrote:so I think it's time to get Oscar to make me a CF MS bumper ;)
he doesnt already make them does he?!

i also like the eunos front bumper with the fogs, tow hook and lip.
NEED PARTS INSTALLED? PM ME!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

projectzemx3 wrote:i like just the mazdaspeed bumper a lot. its clean but gives it that edge. but i hear the fibre glass ones are weak? has anybody had problems with theirs. my friend's is pretty mangled and he said it cracked from wind pressure.
Nd4SpdSe wrote:so I think it's time to get Oscar to make me a CF MS bumper ;)
he doesnt already make them does he?!
My bumper has held up to pretty much everything no problem, with the exemption of hitting something, but it that happened, ya, it would be gone. Cooper hit a road cone with his, was pretty damaged, but Colin bought it and repaired it.

Not yet, but he mentioned he could since he owns the mold, so the hard part is literally done and could easilly make a CF one.
Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

just a quick ? on the subject of the MS bumper

what's the clearance compared to the stock bumper? how many inches lower is it?

Wanted to know because that bumper looks amazing, and I want it.. but since I live in Pittsburgh, PA (lots of hills, bad roads), I don't want to get it if I will risk messing it up.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Deeper? Well, I measured and it's 1" shorter than my old GS bumper with lip, so if you're lowered, you get 1" more ground clearance with the MS bumper than the GS bumper with lip.

Dark_Rider2k3

Post by Dark_Rider2k3 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:
Nd4SpdSe wrote:Deeper? Well, I measured and it's 1" shorter than my old GS bumper with lip, so if you're lowered, you get 1" more ground clearance with the MS bumper than the GS bumper with lip.

yeah I saw that, but I didn't know how much the GS lip added.. though now i'm thinking it's not that much when i look at pics.. so this would still be a little shorter.

that's sweet.. it's a def. buy (after everything else I want :mrgreen: )

Return to “Appearance”