klze or kfze

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mx3boyze

Re: klze or kfze

Post by mx3boyze »

The1KingBob wrote:im going to look dumb here..is probinator a brand or are you referring to a probe gt ecu ahhaha o.O im such a noob...
Probinator is the brand of a eprom chip to chip the k8 ecu to match the ECU to the Intake you use on your ZE. Fixes the jumping idle you will have with the stock ecu and the poor performance and gas mileage.
The1KingBob

Post by The1KingBob »

haha thank you... so k8 stock tranny will do with a stronger clutch... i will need the chip for the engine to running happy... im not too interested in a lsd tranny... because im assuming they are costly but ill look into it..

so if i buy a Probinator then i will not need to pull a 626 ecu? just mod the chip onto current? I guess i could not be lazy and go out and look it up o.O

anyone have a rough guess how much it cost? 800? 1200? 1500?

Oh yeah.. once i get this one done ( which im thinking about making a guide/log of everything plus pics ) ill probably be doing a BP swap and get rid of that tired 1.6 in my RS ahha...
The1KingBob

Post by The1KingBob »

Just wondering is this the lsd tranny? Tiger is saying its the 5 speed klze

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

360 isn't to bad eh?
marcdh

Post by marcdh »

http://cardomain.com/ride/728690
Probinator cardomain page, $45 shipped within US. Requires some soldering skills, but definately DIY if you have a decent soldering iron and some skillz.

About the jdm LSD, I think there are some potential axle spline count issues. Have a search ;)
AZ-3 1498cc Turbo! EVO 8 turbo and manifold, 5 stud swap, SSR Type C, DIYPNP seq Megasquirt
Mx-3 2.5 V6 Turbo 291 BHP 251 lbft @ 8psi - Retired due to rust and back at uni
View Worklog
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

Yea, you can send him your ecu (your stock k8 ecu) and for $20 more he will install it for you. Oh and you need to let him know what intake and air flow sensor you will be using so he can burn the eprom chip accordingly. The JDM LSD tranny requires custom shorter axles with the spline count to fit our cars. For custom axles I would suggest a1cvtech.com, great customer service.
The1KingBob

Post by The1KingBob »

klze tranny and axels sounding a bit pricey... ill give the forum a search and see what others may have done

:edit:
Was that even the right tranny? with the lsd? im guessing i should maybe just look local for a ford gt 5 speed... may be able to find one... wish my syncros weren't f-ed in my k8... how much skill is involved in rebuilding a tranny :-p
mx3boyze

Post by mx3boyze »

I dont think that is the LSD tranny. Im pretty sure Ive seen them go for $900+ And you want a ford PROBE gt tranny not a ford gt lol Just so thats clear haha. I have a spare K8 tranny if your interested. And I havent had the courage to dif into a tranny project before so Im not sure how hard/easy it is but I wouldnt think its easy.
The1KingBob

Post by The1KingBob »

http://www.tigerjapanese.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=26" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just making sure... will think work with the k8 for now until i do the klze swap? my current tranny is taking a straight line to being f-ed
The1KingBob

Post by The1KingBob »

bumppers

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”