problem with my car electrical..

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
kenken

problem with my car electrical..

Post by kenken »

hello everyone. i have a problem with my car here. Sometimes when i am driving, i press my brake pedal, my CD player turns off and on again, same thing happens to my headlights. it's like the brake lights are drawing too much current from the battery. my clock and cd player setting always resets. This only happens once in a while. BTW, i have relocated my battery to the back. Can this be the cause? I have already put extra grounding cables. So grounding shouldn't be the problem. PLEASE HELP. THANK YOU.
wytbishop

Re: problem with my car electrical..

Post by wytbishop »

I had this exact problem in an old Nissan Pulsar I used to own. Turns out the speedo drive hub behind the speedo gauge exploded and the fluid leaked all over the circuit board. The entire dash was grounding itself through the framework of the dash and when I pressed the brake pedal the circuit would be broken...killing everything.

Took me a long time to track that one down. Perhaps something in your dash is short cicuiting through the brake pedal.
94' RS/GS/MS/CF Monster Turbo...coming soon.
93' GS SE, the Black Beast, the former love of my life...soon to be gutted and crushed.
94' GS, black on black, now in several small pieces...and one large crushed piece.
2007 Mazda3 GT Sport --- super fun
2004 Honda RC51 --- Lost forever to some theavin' bastard
My Worklog
My feedback thread
Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
kenken

Re: problem with my car electrical..

Post by kenken »

so how do i check circuits? i don't know anything about electrical... this problem is very annoying..

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”