New PRMracing Intake System

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
coltfoet5

Re: New PRMracing Intake System

Post by coltfoet5 »

I agree, you sound like your an employee or something, maybe giving you a deal to promote it. An intake is an intake. Ebay CAI is gonna perform the same as a $200 CAI.
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

i think it will perform better than our custom ebay cai but the extra power that it will gain is not worth the $200

edit: unless it is a show car than its not worth it
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
SuperK
Supporting Member

Post by SuperK »

It's a pipe...

with fittings...

and a filter attached to the end.

I mean, how much "designing" does a pipe with fittings and a filter need exactly?

No offense, it's nice to see people design stuff for the MX-3, but...

It's like me bragging that I made a paperclip that's designed to hold cardboard.

It's nice to get the .8 HP gain from stock, I guess.

Bottom line: CAI from stock is not going to give you a noticable performance boost. 140HP to 142HP isn't something you feel.

Nevermind going from CAI to CAI.
Bane
'93 Mazda MX-3 ZE
She Hates Me
My For Sale Thread
My Feedback Thread
My GS Worklog Thread
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

Right... your the chump that has nasty comments to say, chill bill.
RS_OBD'oh_2

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

farotechy wrote:Right... your the chump that has nasty comments to say, chill bill.
Maybe it would be in your best interest to NOT trash someone who knows more than you and has a very good reputation here.
CAI's are played out and quite honestly... Very Very noob. When I first started out, I was like you and thought they were a "power adder." They are not, sorry to break it to you. They sound good but really don't add much more than a hampster.
The only things that could change how one system works better than the other would be.... turbulance, filtration and air temp. If you decrease filtration you will get better results... but only for so long. Internal resistance can not be changed all that much. A smooth pipe is no different than the next smooth pipe. Air temp, for the most part depends on heat soaking.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:
farotechy wrote:Right... your the chump that has nasty comments to say, chill bill.
CAI's are played out and quite honestly... Very Very noob.
+1

i like how this kid thinks he doing us a favor by notifying us of this quantum leap in the dynamic ever-changing world of intakes. but then again.. if i paid 200 bucks for an aluminum pipe, i suppose i'd try to defend my purchase as well. too bad that only works when nobody knows better
Flyer

Post by Flyer »

ninjajim4 wrote:
RS_OBD'oh_2 wrote:
CAI's are played out and quite honestly... Very Very noob.
+1

i like how this kid thinks he doing us a favor by notifying us of this quantum leap in the dynamic ever-changing world of intakes. but then again.. if i paid 200 bucks for an aluminum pipe, i suppose i'd try to defend my purchase as well. too bad that only works when nobody knows better
It is better than the alternative...which is he is a representative of the company...if that was the case, I want nothing to do with them or their products. Ever.
MrMazda92 wrote:I find Honduh forums more helpful, typically more pleasant too.
ninjajim4

Post by ninjajim4 »

lol i don't think there's many of us that care about them either way
Savin

Post by Savin »

ninjajim4 wrote:lol i don't think there's many of us that care about them either way
And those of us with the B6 REALLY don't care, hahaha. No one ever make's things for the B6 :( . Ohwell, stock intake tube with duct tape FTW! :lol:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
V8KOMX3
Supporting Member

Post by V8KOMX3 »

it looks cool, but that is as much as I can say fro it. I will hjowerver say I use to have a prm intake way back in the day beforea member designed a custom intake from a honda setup. I loved it when I got it and it did give a bit better performance. However after the custom job came to light I did it like most members did and I for one can say there was no real difference in gains from the CAI from PRM or my Custom one from a honda. I did use the PRM filter pn the new intake for a while then switched it out 4 an el cheapo and realized a diff in gas mileage. I also recently put on a K&N filter and got way better mileage than with either filter. In the end my custome intake cost me $20 with shipping and I had to get 1 piece from home depot wich was $3 and a K&N filter cost me $50 so I will say $73-$80 for a custom CAI that out perform the old PRM ( and probably will outperform the new) is a much better buy. O yea plus with the custom CAI you get the knowledge of working on your own car. But yes the new PRM looks way better than the old 1 and looks better than my custom. SO IMO great for a show car not for someone with performance as a primary.
Teal 1993 MX3GSZE
farotechy

Post by farotechy »

I dont represent stukatz. I probably older than you think kid. I dont know what your thinking so go back to your duct tape intakes. I was primarily just showing the new intake from PRM, thought id be a interesting post, not a bash contest.
Ukrman

Post by Ukrman »

no need for this here... have a little respect
92 Mazda MX3 GS

http://www.cardomain.com/id/ukrman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - cardomain page
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=66481 - worklog
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72099 - feedback
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71757 - stuff for sale
http://s2.metaldamage.com/c.php?uid=159229" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - biggest waste of time

Geoff

Post by Geoff »

A CAI is basically looks and sound.
If it has the same general design (which all do) then its going to sound the same, then just get one that looks how you want.
Not everyone wants a polished fancy intake, when a black pvc constructed one would do the exact same. Some people are more proud of creating something effective for cheap then dropping money on something.

And im sure your post would have gotten a better reception if you didnt put yourself and your intake on a pedestal, and then be mad lippy to anyone who responded.

just my 2c.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

enough bickering, its an intake.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”