HLA'S

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
blackknight

HLA'S

Post by blackknight »

ok so my engine was making some weird noise and i took it to my mechanic and he said its the lifters......when he was reading up on the install it said something about oil clearence or something.....can anyone tell me how to install them please........
MX3ak

Re: HLA'S

Post by MX3ak »

Flush the engine, new filter, 5W40 and the noise will calm down.
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

I did an engine flush, then another flush then normal oil and my ZE engine runs great no ticking. Whats the milage? If it's over 250,000 or close to forget the flush.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

The very best thing to do is find a place that does the pressurized flush with the engine off. That way you don't have to run comprimised oil in it. I have heard 100% good results with the lifter noise. You can find better info in the "search".
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

yeah, just do an engine flush and put new oil in. Just have to clean them out.
WhiteFinish

Post by WhiteFinish »

I heared a zr1 oilfilter will solve the problem as well. (it raises oil pressure slightly)
Just another Mx3 freak :)

Feedback topic: Click

Worklog
Worklog click
MX3ak

Post by MX3ak »

I allways thought the only way to rise the pressure was to shim the sensor :werd:

fowljesse wrote:The very best thing to do is find a place that does the pressurized flush with the engine off.
Never heard of that but sounds good. Would the results be better that with kerosene...
K8 running LPG (Liquified Petrol Gas)
fowljesse
Supporting Member

Post by fowljesse »

Yes, and the thought of running Kerosene, or anything but good oil through your bearings makes me cringe! I use the NAPA Gold ZR1 oil filter. It's awesome.
'93 GS - P&P DE w/ ZE exh. cams/ pistns, KLG4 IM, 65mm TB, MSnS, Phenos, K&N RAI, UDP, Grnd wires, rear batt, filld MM, torq strt, TWM short shftr, Exedy, Lng tube hdrs 2.5" Side exhaust, H&R sprngs, Poly bushngs, strutbars, Alum. crss mmber&tiebar, 22mm swybar, solid links, Direzzas, leather int, Alpine 9805 stereo & alrm, keyless entry, 10 Boston Accoustics spkrs, Prjectrs, Blaster2, CF hood, FG hatch, Lexan
msd-supermx3

Post by msd-supermx3 »

umm i did a thing to mine when i had knokin, go to a store where they sell oil and try gettin the flushing kit, comes with a bottle of cleaner (sry don't remember what it was) and a bottle of cheap oil. how it works there is 5 litres of each, you put the cleaner in and run your motor for 5 - 10 min a nd try reving it to bout 3 - 4 thousend RPM so it doeas get everywhere. They drain it. Put the cheap oil in and do the same thing. After done them both, do the oil of your choise and it should be fine. !!!!

PS the cleaner is lake light blue/ clear colour, when it came out from my engine if was black and greesy.... lol

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”