CD Deck won't slide all the way in

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
neli_nael

CD Deck won't slide all the way in

Post by neli_nael »

Anyone else have that problem? I have a Pioneer DEH-P2900MP and it doesn't want to slide all the way in. It's been like this for a while but never got around to figuring it out. I tried moving the wires behind the player but still not enough room. The Pioneer is a pretty standard size deck how come it won't slide all the way in?
94 mx3 rs
92 mx3 gs curved neck klze SOLD
coltfoet5

Re: CD Deck won't slide all the way in

Post by coltfoet5 »

Is it hitting something in the back?
Stablo87

Post by Stablo87 »

neli_nael wrote:Anyone else have that problem? I have a Pioneer DEH-P2900MP and it doesn't want to slide all the way in. It's been like this for a while but never got around to figuring it out. I tried moving the wires behind the player but still not enough room. The Pioneer is a pretty standard size deck how come it won't slide all the way in?

Dude my pioneer is the same way, i just deal with it. If you find a solution please let me know.
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

I have a pioneer just not installed yet. I'm sure it will do the same thing. If you find a way to fit it in let me know. I'm gonna try my hardest to get it to fit all the way.
Ryan
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Ryan »

Could it be the tabs from the anti theft metal cages?
Now with Moderator power!

Black '93 BP RS - wrecked, parted, scrapped.
Green GS - Sold.
Black GS - Summer DD/Race car - Fancy KLZE
Red GS - K8-ATX -> MTX-KLDE - Frakencar. Scrapped
White GS - Rusty. Parts. Scrapped
1997 BMW M3 - my summer baby
2002 BMW 325Xi - sold
2003 Forester Xti - EJ20K swapped.
Feedback
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

My 8400MP and 980BT both fit fine...
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

coltfoet5 wrote:Is it hitting something in the back?
dont know, haven't had time to look at it. but will have time this weekend. let me know if you figure it since you're putting in yours also.
Stablo87 wrote:Dude my pioneer is the same way, i just deal with it. If you find a solution please let me know.
yes i have been looking at mine for a good 3 months, i'll let you know when i figure it out.
Ryan wrote:Could it be the tabs from the anti theft metal cages?
do you mean the metal cage that came with the cd player?
94 mx3 rs
MX3-Life

Post by MX3-Life »

This happens to me everytime i take it out but if you just jerk it around and then put it in with the front lifted up and the back pointed down and push hard it will go all the way. Just jerk it around and push hard ;) always works for me.
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

unless you have the mounting screw put in the deck its just the wires. ive had many different decks and screens mounted in the car and the wires/rca/fuse holders allway get in the way. pull the panels off from each side of the center console (the ones by your feet that cover the ecu) and you can barely get your hand in there to help pull this stuff out of the way while you push the deck in. i found the top half is easier to mount stuff into but i have my cd player on the bottom, does not matter too much at all.
1993 White gs klze.
coltfoet5

Post by coltfoet5 »

Put my Pioneer in and it hits in the back. It is sticking out about half an inch. I'm going to try to bend that bracket in the back and see if that works.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Actually working on Kp2t's car, I remembered I cut that vertical plastic part at the back. After just searching around for something unrelated, I found out I cut that out back in 2003!
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Quote MX-3 Life wrote: This happens to me everytime I take it out but if you just jerk it around and then put it in with the front lifted up and the back pointed down and push hard it will go all the way. Just jerk it around and push hard always works for me.,,,,???
You guys need to stop bragging about your Decks size. Measure from end to end then measure your Deck. If it's too long then either have the slot deepened or leave a little of your Deck out. Trying to force it in further than the slot can handle does nothing but aggravate the situation. Thats my take on it.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
neli_nael

Post by neli_nael »

Daninski wrote:You guys need to stop bragging about your Decks size. Measure from end to end then measure your Deck.
sorry for being immature but that made me laugh
94 mx3 rs
Savin

Post by Savin »

neli_nael wrote:
Daninski wrote:You guys need to stop bragging about your Decks size. Measure from end to end then measure your Deck.
sorry for being immature but that made me laugh
Oh, you KNOW Daninski was having a good laugh while writing that! Definitely a reference to something else perhaps? :wink:
'95 MX-3 RS - Project "Déjà Vu" Destined for the scrapyard.
'93 MX-3 GS - SOLD!
'93 MX-3 GS SE - Parts car!
'94 MX-3 GS - Scrapped
'94 MX-3 RS - Scrapped
'96 Sunfire SE - Scrapped
'03 Sunfire SE - Deathtrap
'95 Cavalier Base - Scrapped
'94 Thunderbird LX - Collects dust
'89 Mustang GT - SOLD!
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Sorry forget to mention the use of some kind of lubricant to assist in the sliding in of the deck. Armoral would probably do the trick, I prefer the gloss shine myself :) Apply liberally to the receiver and the sides of your deck. There may be some resistance intially but once you get the first 1/3 of you deck in the rest should just slide in with minimal effort. Remember technique works far better than brut force.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”