Finally getting a KLZE, any ebay sellers to avoid?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Silkwyrm

Finally getting a KLZE, any ebay sellers to avoid?

Post by Silkwyrm »

So I got my stimulous check and decided it's time for a KLZE. Has anyone had a bad experience, or heard of someone who has, with the JDM motor sellers on EBAY? I know what I need, but worry about less than trustworthy sellers. The ebay feedback is mostly based on other common honda and nissan engines, so Id rather hear from you guys.

Thanks

Silcwyrm
RS_OBD'oh_2

Re: Finally getting a KLZE, any ebay sellers to avoid?

Post by RS_OBD'oh_2 »

Find a shop and check the engine over b4 you buy it. I would never buy an engine off ebay. I buy lot's o' stuff off ebay, but I have my limits.
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

Go to Google, type in JDM engines and search for suppliers in your area. Go there, check out the head codes and get a compression check. If they dont make your feel comfortable, F*ch em! Tiger Japaneese in Toronto tried to screw me. What pissed me off is that they're all Afganistanies. We're over there defending them and they're back here screwing us. Oh man now I'm pissed off. I gotta cut back on the coffee.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

http://www.engineworldusa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I bought a true KL31 engine from them. KL31 cams, straight neck manifold. By the way, buy a straight neck KLZE. Straight Necks come with KL31 cams. You just got to adjust the throttle body somehow so you can make it fit and not hit the brake resvior
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Juans_93_MX3 wrote:http://www.engineworldusa.com/

I bought a true KL31 engine from them. KL31 cams, straight neck manifold. By the way, buy a straight neck KLZE. Straight Necks come with KL31 cams. You just got to adjust the throttle body somehow so you can make it fit and not hit the brake resvior

Only problem with them is, they run out of them quick. I've been waiting 2 months for them to get the straight neck. They just have the curved neck in now.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Daninski
Supporting Member

Post by Daninski »

For the difference in actual HP why not just buy the curved neck? If they have a few of them and they're not moving you may get a good deal. Can always look at getting the cams later if you really think it'll matter.
2004 Subaru WRX Silver, stage 2, minty interior.
2002 Subaru WRX Blue, SOLD (best E test numbers I've ever seen)
94 MX-6. Sold
92 GS KLZE 5 Speed
96 GS 5 speed, KLZE, Sold
95 GS Minty Shape Sold
92 GS Sold
92 GS Parts Car scrapped.
Feedback viewtopic.php?f=37&t=66348" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
7477th member.

I know you believe that you understand what you think I said but I'm sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”